Iowa State Senator quits the Republican party

[Read the post]

7 Likes

ā€œin its death throesā€ aww arenā€™t you just a little optimist

takes long draw from hip flask

20 Likes

I initially read this as ā€˜changed his affiliation to the No Partyā€™ and was wondering what all the fuss was about.

26 Likes

In its death throes, the Republican Party is a toilet of racist, sexist, misogynistic bullshit.

Trump isnā€™t a Republican, chief. Heā€™s running as one, but he isnā€™t one.

2 Likes

Paul Ryan and all the other TeaGOP ā€œkingmakersā€ are behind Her Drumpf 100%. As of today that isā€¦

20 Likes

Trump isnā€™t a Republican, chief. Heā€™s running as one, but he isnā€™t one.

Keep splitting those hairs, chief. Whatever lets you sleep at night, right?

24 Likes

The ā€œno true Republicanā€ argument? Heā€™s the Repub candidate for president. If the party says heā€™s a Republican, he is one.

38 Likes

Kinda sets the standard for the Republican ideal in this race, right?

21 Likes

Can this election cycle please just kill both of these dinosaur parties?

21 Likes

Then the Greens will finally be viable!

Not that youā€™d still ever get one of them to wear a tieā€¦

11 Likes

Those two statements are not mutually exclusive.

Trump sees the Republican party as useful to his own ends. He gives money to whomever he thinks will be useful to him, including Democrats. In his worldview, ā€˜diversificationā€™ doesnā€™t apply to just stocks and bonds.

In short, heā€™s an oligarch. Heā€™ll have no trouble fitting in.

14 Likes

Just like Glenn Beck is a Rugged Individualist and not a bog-standard Republican.

6 Likes
11 Likes

From the Party of No to the No Party.

takes a bite of schadenfreude pie

Hahahahahahahaha!

Thanks, I needed a good laugh today.

10 Likes

Similarly Bernie ainā€™t a democrat

6 Likes

Republican obstructionism got so bad it drove even John ā€˜This-Will-Not-Standā€™ Boehner to increase his already fevered smoking habit when he realized he was now the official Cat Herder of the House. The press characterized his resignation from office as having been pressured by fellow Republicans. The look of relief on his face in the days after suggests a different narrative. Nowadays, it seems, he couldnā€™t be happier:

On Wednesday [2016 Apr 27], the former speaker gleefully unloaded on Senator Ted Cruz before a crowd at Stanford University, colorfully describing the Republican presidential contender from Texas as ā€œLucifer in the flesh.ā€

ā€œI have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life,ā€ said Mr. Boehner, who has made previous disparaging remarks about Mr. Cruz in both public and private, though without comparing him directly to Satan. [source: ā€˜Out of Office, Ex-Speaker John Boehner Gleefully Releases Mute Buttonā€™ (NY Times)]

13 Likes

Ted Cruz reminds me of some estranged family I once had. What a bagadicks.

3 Likes

The Republican Party has changed many times over itā€™s history, and itā€™s changing again.

Letā€™s not forget the congratulations letter from Karl Marx to Abraham Lincoln. Thereā€™s no way that would be sent to any Republican from the last 40 years.

17 Likes

But a dinosaur party sounds like awesome fun! Maybe a scene in the next Jurassic Park movie?

2 Likes

The Republican Party is a coalition of diverse factions. For someone who isnā€™t one of them to get their support is a pretty neat trick.

1 Like