Irate woman at McDonald's fined $387 for Karen behavior

Agreed, hence my qualifier ‘if true…’

1 Like
6 Likes

McBusted.

1 Like

She could’ve hosted a bangin’ super-spreader for that kind of money. Wish she had in a way

Customer time isn’t the same as real time. I once had someone insist they’d been waiting “over 20 minutes” for service less than 5 minutes after the store opened.

5 Likes

Given the nature of most Karen’s, I expect it was actually more like five minutes tops.

And here in Australia, they’re referred to as Macca’s

9 Likes

It’s true.

3 Likes

She should have just threatened them with never eating there again. That would have been a win-win for both parties.

3 Likes

Kinda is…

Service in hospitality in the States seems to be a god given right, or at leat that is the impression given by many expat and tourists.

Not legitimizing a Karen outburst, but a 20min wait at McDonald’s!?

If US corporate fast food manufacturers are going to colonize any country they can make a profit out of then they should take the brunt of this ‘outrage’ take responsibility ffs. Karen shaming is a convenient form of scapegoating.

McDonald’s in Australia is currently trying to lower their minimum wage by getting for the cost of employees meals to be deducted from their hourly rate - note that they don’t provide fridges for staff to bring their own food!

Yelling at Maccas is totally understandable, but yelling at the underpaid front-line is not.

YEP. Learned decades ago, never piss off anyone who serves you food or drinks. Same goes for abusing transportation ie. airline staff. Easy way to find yourself walking…

It wasn’t a 20 min wait. I was at a maccas a couple of years ago and they were so apologetic that I had to wait 3 minutes for my food. The woman kept thanking me for my patience. I had my then 4 year old daughter with me. I kept thinking what kind of example I would show her if I got all upset over a couple of minutes wait.

Bonus, I got really good service that day.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.