No-masker denied service demands to speak to "corporate"

Originally published at: No-masker denied service demands to speak to "corporate" | Boing Boing

4 Likes

She went to four places before that restaurant?

10 Likes

but what about roxanne? was she able to overcome this and keep her job? don’t tell me i need to subscribe to find out!

Just SMASH that subSCRIBE button!

And don’t forGET to CLICK the BELL so you’ll be NOTE if eyed when the next video is ree LEASED!

2 Likes

Need some new material. The old schtick is losing its edge.

3 Likes

ezgif-1-55094d4d5ea3

16 Likes

i believe the term is “Karen.”

5 Likes

This was basically a tease. We got no resolution. She started calling the number and then it cut to a screaming video. I want to see if the owner ultimately said to give her service or told her to piss right off.

2 Likes

“Maskaren”.

1 Like

She should go back to them and leave this one alone.

1 Like

It’s always a Boba shop, too. I feel like this is at least the third video of a Boba shop employee telling a Karen to wear a mask or leave, but each Karen appears to be different.

2 Likes

“I came here for an argument.”

5 Likes

Not that violence is the answer, but I have to imagine that these Karen outbreaks are generally by people who don’t think there’s a possibility that they’re going to get their ass whooped. Thinking that, either our of sheer privilege (when there is a good chance they are going to get whooped, they just don’t realize it), or in situations where the people in the business are indeed too civilized to whoop some ass.

Similarly, note that almost all of the anti-Asian violence associated with the pandemic has either been directed at the elderly or at small young Asian women? Nobody’s saddling up to the masked irritable 200+# fit asian gym guy to confront him about wearing a mask, or trying to push them around.

It’s almost like bullies at least subconsciously pick their targets…

6 Likes

This in absolutely no way shakes my hope – my belief – that people like her can eventually be reasoned with within the next 100,000 years.

1 Like

From what a time traveler told me, the Morlocks just get worse.

5 Likes

Damn. I now question my own hope-system. Undone!

3 Likes

I can’t be bothered to watch these types of videos, unless the title is something like:
‘Watch No-Masker/Karen/Ken get comuppance/hauled off to jail’ etc… you know… something satisfying instead of infuriating.
A legacy of HWSNBN looks to be rotten behaviour by these self-entitled jackasses.

4 Likes

It’s because of people like her that those of us who have a legitimate reason to call a corporate customer service hotline have to wait 3 hours to get an actual human on the line.

2 Likes

Agreed. I’ve seen a couple of successful videos. What seems to work best is:

1. Inform the Karen you will not be serving them until they put on a mask.
  2. Turn your back/walk away and call your manager. Do not engage further.
  3. Manager informs Karen of mask policy. When the inevitable, “I’m exempt” argument comes up, explain alternate options (curbside pickup).
  4. Explain you are done discussing it. Karen either puts on a mask, leaves, or gets trespassed. While Karen yammers on about public property, “MY RIGHTS” or Internet Law, do not engage other than to call the cops. No giving the manager’s/Corporate’s number. No apologies. No arguments. It’s a fight Karen wants. A solid wall of silence is a frustrating, disappointing thing.

Companies need to come up with a unified plan to disarm these idiots, and they need to back, up their people. The low-paid employees at the registers don’t need to put up with their garbage.

9 Likes

I am coming around to viewing these mask refusers as violent assaulters. They are potentially spreading a potentially deadly contagion in a deliberate fashion. Since law enforcement will rarely intervene with an arrest and trespassing charges, I feel that employees should be armed with bear spray to deploy as soon as these assaulters refuse to either mask up or leave. Letting them stand there spewing their germs, along with their bullshit, needs to end. I would prefer arrests, but apparently that isn’t forthcoming.

2 Likes