Is anyone worried about Melania?

I posted this in response to an article on Jezebel (seriously watch the videos at the link), but wanted to get the Boingers’ take on things. People are saying she knew what she was getting into and that she married him for his money, but I’m not so sure-

I am legitimately scared for her.

One of the hallmarks of this kind of narcissist is just how charming and affectionate they are at the beginning of a relationship. Now add rich and famous to that. I totally understand why she ended up with him. A lot of people would fall for that.

Now think of a few years later, once the romance phase is over. Seriously, have any of you actually seen a relationship with a sociopathic narcissist up close? It’s bad. One person wants nothing more than to get out, and the other one will do anything to make them stay- Not because they actually care, but because their leaving is a direct assault on their self image as perfect and desirable.

Now add rich, powerful, connected to the Russian mob, with an ironclad prenup, and an army of lawyers known for not just suing, but completely destroying anyone who ticks off the boss. Now add in a couple kids and her own immigrant status.

Really- Think about the worst abusive boyfriend you’ve ever seen, and now imagine him with the resources to get to you anywhere, do anything he wants, and walk away from it unscathed. He could be raping her with a cattle prod on a daily basis and I could understand why she’d still stick around, because her only realistic alternative is a murder/suicide and she has her kids to worry about. To be perfectly honest, it wouldn’t surprise me to learn she has handlers paid to watch specifically for that.

She is not okay, and I absolutely do not blame her for it.

And the kicker is, I don’t think there’s a damn thing anyone can do about it.

14 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.