Israel - Palestine conflict. 2023-24 misery and horror continues

And if that isn’t possible, they will choose Apartheid.

4 Likes

8 Likes

I didn’t see this already posted, but apologies if it was.

Bassem Youssef is an amazing Egyptian satirist and friend of Jon Stewart, and had an incredible interview pushing back on the ass Piers Morgan.

It’s a half-hour, but you can just listen to the first minute and a half and then decide if the rest is for you.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Dang, he gives Swift a run for his money!

2 Likes

1 Like

Cut It Out Reaction GIF

4 Likes
1 Like

That’s a disappointing series of tweets from Fetterman. “Now is not the time to talk about a ceasefire”? WHEN, then?

Biden has said plenty of bad things in the last week or so but I do appreciate that he explicitly said that the U.S. made mistakes in our “rage” following 9/11, and that Israel should avoid repeating the same mistakes.

As anyone who has thought about this at all knows, there’s simply no way that Israel can possibly bomb or kill their way to peace and security here. So it’s ALWAYS a good time to try to figure out a ceasefire.

6 Likes
1 Like

A silver lining …

Israel’s Supreme Court postpones hearing on judicial overhaul.

2 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries on Gaza hospital blast:

“Earlier today, I received a high-level briefing about the catastrophic explosion at the Al Ahli hospital in Gaza. Based on the information that I have reviewed, it is apparent that the hospital explosion was not caused by a missile fired by Israel. Rather, the explosion was likely the result of an errant Islamic Jihad rocket. The misinformation propagated by Hamas is recklessly exacerbating unrest in the region and throughout the world. It is important that the dissemination of misinformation cease and desist during this extremely volatile time.”

U.S. intel says Gaza hospital death toll likely between 100-300

An unclassified U.S. intelligence report, seen by Reuters on Thursday, estimated that the death toll from a blast at a Gaza hospital was “probably at the low end of the 100 to 300 spectrum,” but added that the assessment may evolve.

eta:

Axios: Scoop: U.S. to send Israel artillery shells initially designated for Ukraine

United Nations:
Gaza: UN experts decry bombing of hospitals and schools as crimes against humanity, call for prevention of genocide

1 Like

… the “let’s play RISK with the world” community

3 Likes

“a detailed plan for the expulsion of 𝐗 from 𝐘 to 𝐙” is always a good look :roll_eyes:

2 Likes
1 Like

The funny thing was Israel never wanted Gaza in the first place. They tried to give it Egypt in the Camp David accords. Egypt didn’t want it.

2 Likes

Real life outpacing satire once again:

4 Likes