Israel - Palestine conflict. 2023-24 misery and horror continues

GENEVA (19 October 2023) – UN experts* today expressed outrage against the deadly strike at Al Ahli Arab Hospital in Gaza City, which killed more than 470 civilians on Tuesday (17) and trapped hundreds under the rubble.

:person_facepalming:

Why do UN experts believe hundreds of people are trapped under the rubble of the Al-Ahli hospital that is still standing? This does not inspire faith in their abilities.

Holy crap. Yemen is rather far from Israel.

1 Like

The hate is all around. Basically IRAN. Remember we (the US) captured their arms shipments to Yemen and gave them to Kyiv.

1 Like

Maybe try actually reporting instead of immediately reposting Hamas propaganda guys. FKG lazy ass media.

1 Like
5 Likes
6 Likes
3 Likes

This piece was originally commissioned by an editor at The Guardian, who asked me to write about the wave of retaliation and censorship of political expression in solidarity with Palestinians that we’ve seen in the past two weeks. Amid my work as an attorney on some of the resulting cases, I carved out some time to write the following. Minutes before it was supposed to be published, the head of the opinion desk wrote me an email that they were unable to run the piece. When I called her for an explanation she had none, and blamed an unnamed higher-up. That a piece on censorship would get killed in this way—without explanation, but plainly in the interest of political suppression—is, beyond the irony of the matter, a grave indictment of the media response to this critical moment in history. —Dylan Saba

5 Likes
4 Likes

In some of the posts during the exchange, the employee called the other Instagram user a “ZIONIST PIG” and said “all Zionists will pay.” The employee also wrote that “Hitler should have eradicated all of you.”

A Jewish man in metropolitan Detroit was arrested and charged with making a terroristic threat Saturday after allegedly asking on social media if anyone wanted to help him “go to Dearborn & hunt Palestinians.”

The paper also covered Mintz’s 2010 arrest for shooting an Arab motorist in the arm in a road-rage incident.

2 Likes
1 Like

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

8 Likes
3 Likes

“Russia is supporting the enemies of Israel,” Weitmann raged. “Russia is supporting Nazi people who want to commit genocide on us.” He went on to add: “We’re not forgetting what you are doing. We’re not forgetting. We will come. We will make sure that Ukraine wins. We will make sure that you pay the price for what you have done.”

Pssst … how’s about you give Kyiv an Iron Dome system or two. Just say’n.

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

:sob:

2 Likes

The Al-Assad Regime’s Captagon Trade

https://carnegieendowment.org/sada/88109

1 Like
3 Likes

I haven’t taken a close look (or, for that matter, listened to the audio), but based on the screencap of the audio track in the tweet, I think what makes people suspicious is that each speaker appears to be completely isolated on a separate track. There doesn’t appear to be any crosstalk between the audio tracks, as there would be for a stereo voice recorder.

If this is a telephonic recording then @Aloisius’s observation that you see this in professional telephone recording software could well apply.

1 Like