"It Follows" is one of my fave horror movies. Rent it in HD for 99 cents

I think it is a metaphor for STDs/HIV/Abuse/sexual guilt/sex taboos/ and the movie comments on how dangerous sex can be, how we put our safety in the hands of people who are strangers, how there can be many different reasons for people to have sex and how those reasons can compete with each other and sometimes fight with one another. It can also be seen as a stand in for abuse, for stalking, for dangerous partners. I don’t think a narrative metaphor has to be exactly the same as the thing it represents or references.

1 Like

Totally agree. Went to see it with 3 friends, both boys and girls. Everyone reached the same conclusion. A booooooorring skin flick. Apart from showing the main actress barely clothed during 90% of the movie, it is devoid of any plot but glaring holes. So disappointed of anyone liking this fraud.

Hi Mark - I did the rental on your recommendation for Halloween and the best I can say about this Direct-To-DVD(?) is that the makers actually finished a feature length project with a real distribution deal which is a HUGE achievement these days. Nice going guys! On the other hand we are only 364 days away from next Halloween - take a look at “The Babadook” for your 2016 entry-level indie horror film recommendation - Wow!

I watched the Babadook last night and it sucked. I was disappointed in “It Follows” but less so, actually.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.