"It hurts to breathe": Sick Florida anti-vaxxer waits in 2-hour line, hoping for Regeneron

Originally published at: "It hurts to breathe": Sick Florida anti-vaxxer waits in 2-hour line, hoping for Regeneron | Boing Boing

2 Likes

In all fairness, the evidence there is “unvaxxed,” not “anti-vax.”

4 Likes

At this point, if you want a vaccine, but don’t have one, nothing has been stopping you for months.

17 Likes

Sheer stupidity is stopping them.

3 Likes

Congratulations Ron de Santis, at this point you’ve managed to kill more Americans than Osama bin Laden. The Taliban are green with envy.

19 Likes

Proud Of You Yes GIF

9 Likes

Not everyone that gets sick is unvaccinated, and not everyone is able to be vaccinated so there are some caveats to consider and be mindful of. However i have less sympathy for people actively discouraging others to not get the shot and also take no precautions when socializing, those actions spread the disease and put many innocent people’s lives at risk.

Even to those that are very much antivax i hope for their recovery, and if i could wish for anything is for them to change their tune before its too late. People are dying, death and disease is not political. Death is the ultimate equalizer and does not care about political ideologies.

19 Likes

They are a scourge on the health care system and should be LAST in line for their malfeasance. The vaccine has been out there for almost a year now and he waited until it was a mandate? Do they understand these variants are BECAUSE of the unvaccinated?

7 Likes

Regeneron was a BIG donor to his campaign. Follow the money if you want to understand his actions.

11 Likes

Truly, my sympathies are with those who cannot get the vaccine.
But, for the ones waiting for their Regeneron (this isn’t made with science?) but are vehemently opposed to the vaccine, I would play this for you.

Assholes

8 Likes

Needs a smaller violin.

5 Likes

Regeneron… say, isn’t that the not-yet-approved-by-the-FDA drug that folks have been talking about? Better tell those anti-vaxxers who were stringently against “experimental drugs.” Wouldn’t want them to seem like hypocrites or something.

For the rest who can’t vaccinate, or for whatever reason want to and haven’t, they have my sympathies. I hope they feel better soon.

15 Likes

“I won’t take the vaccine, it was rushed too quickly to be safe.”
“Give me the Regeneron that was quickly rushed through development.”

11 Likes

Yeah, I don’t get it either.

1 Like

They want the regeneron because it’s the drug given to their idols, trump and abbot. They know nothing else about it and don’t care to learn.

6 Likes

11 Likes

At this point, if you want a vaccine, but don’t have one, nothing has been stopping you for months.

Unless you are under 18 and have anti-vax parents and live in a state that requires parental approval for any medical treatment. Sadly there is a group of kids who desperately want to be vaccinated, are eligible and can’t get it. Those are the ones I feel sorry for.

3 Likes

You can tell by the way I walk that I’m vaccinated!

9 Likes

:musical_note: Keep your distance, man; No time to talk!

12 Likes

Wearing the old face mask is kinda like closing the barn door after the horse is gone, don’t you think?