Italy evicts Steve Bannon from $110,000-a-year medieval monastery that was to be was his “gladiator school for cultural warriors”

Arrivederci, asshole.

I got stuck on that one for, I think, close to a minute before I could proceed to the rest of the article. Laughing feels ssoooooo good!

3 Likes

For the sake of specificity. There have been many racists, fascists, white supremacists and terrorists throughout history. “Alt-right” is a term denoting a specific subset of those people, just as “Klansman” is.

13 Likes

Oh - what is that from… Airplane?

1 Like
10 Likes

Right? Isn’t Italy’s Prime Minister in cahoots with the anti-immigration alt-right (Matteo Salvini/Northern League)?

1 Like

It doesn’t even make sense in this context. It’s the Italian government and a conservative arm of the Catholic Church doing this. American Democrats aren’t anywhere in this process.

12 Likes

Italy may be kicking him out, but I sure as hell don’t want him back here. Is there a way to get him stuck in airport immigration for the next 50 years or so?

5 Likes

Interesting idea but I think they would just use the freight handling facilities.

3 Likes

You’re thinking of St Cyril’s.

3 Likes

“Dignitatis Humanae Institute” seems an odd name for an alt right movement when right movements tend to limit their religious advocacy to their own.

4 Likes

students would learn philosophy, theology, history, and economics, and receive political training from the former Trump aide himself.

Somehow I suspect they lacked a rigorously-planned curriculum devised using the latest pedagogical methods.

Rather makes me wonder who the target market was. With such an ostentatious building, I rather suspect they were planning to charge correspondingly outrageous tuitions – but how many people could there be with that much money to spend but still capable of being completely fleeced by the likes of Bannon?

4 Likes

I personally know one person who would be up for it. He has done Branson’s “how to be a rich entrepreneur” seminars as well.

edit: I don’t think its marketed at people who actually want to be a right wing nutbags. Its marketed at people who want to find new markets, in which area Bannon has some talent.

2 Likes

Bannon University for Fascism Studies

6 Likes

Or the Name of the Rose

1 Like

The agreement required to maintain and restore the building and this also wasn’t done.
Now I have heard that there’s is a possibility that the building will be reverted as the original function of charterhouse and maybe used as a secure residence for elder people.

3 Likes

10 Likes

What could a guy who looks like a used sofa with an engorged pulsating liver teach anyone about being a gladiator?

4 Likes

It’s like Ben Shapiro accusing Andrew Neil of being a leftist, after Neil revealed his utter emptiness and inability to rationally argue for his right-wing positions by the simple expedient of asking questions and refusing to accept Shapiro’s Gish gallops and evasions as answers. These morons have such a blinkered and reality-free worldview that anyone who disagrees with them on anything is obviously part of The Perfidious Left.

5 Likes

Or maybe a used armchair. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdccNAOvPHg

Hey - Rudolph needs a day off once in a while!

5 Likes