"It's only gotten worse": JD Vance is even more unpopular than last week, plunging to historical -15%

17 Likes

IMG_0118

17 Likes

Weird!

7 Likes

You do remember he picked Pence last time. (Very much against his “better judgment”, supposedly.) I predict Vance is replaced by Burgum within two weeks. I really don’t think Trump will ever forgive Haley for running against him.

8 Likes

For those who didn’t watch Trump’s disastrous NABJ interview yet, he was given an opportunity to defend his V.P. pick and instill public confidence in the person who would be just a heartbeat away from the Presidency. Instead he said this:

Trump is burning Vance so badly the twerp is going to have to call his next book “Hillbilly Effigy.”

23 Likes

An army of bean-counters and statisticians are struggling to keep up with the changing numbers!

8 Likes

The truth of his inner ugliness will out.

4 Likes

Good. And when everyone sighs a collective “who?” maybe he’ll replace Burgum with someone else unlikable, and he’ll want to replace them but the only ones left are Tweedledum and Tweedledumber. Whichever son he picks will be murdered by the other to create a two-felon ticket…

10 Likes

Yeah, I can see that.

4 Likes

My recollection is that Palin, in the pre-Trump era, was about the wackiest character to ever be floated for VP or president, and while many thought her grossly unprepared, she also had fans. The same people who are now likely MTG and Don Jr. fans. I don’t think Vance has any comparable fan base among voters.

5 Likes

Yeah, he’s a lot like Ted Cruz in that regard. Even the people voting for him don’t really like him. He just has that R next to his name that’s a prerequisite for many voters there.

10 Likes

13 Likes

I’m surprised this round wasn’t Jr. You’re giving him way longer than I did until picking one of them.

6 Likes

… has J. D. Vance managed to unlock the double achievement of making intellectuals roll their eyes because they know he’s a fool, and also making fools resent him because they think he’s an intellectual? :thinking:

11 Likes

The question was “Is he ready on day one, if he has to be?”, i.e. is Vance ready to take over as President? Trump misunderstood it as being about whether Vance is ready to campaign, so he resorted to a time-filling platitude: “I’ve always had great respect for him, and for the other candidates too…”

7 Likes

What Is That Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Why is it down here?

9 Likes

It’s on the top too. Can’t remember if it’s been on the top for a while or not

7 Likes

I just realized…does JD Vance have a copy of the recent Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy movie?

Glasses Couch GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

11 Likes

The truth is that Trump simply hasn’t considered whether or not Vance was up to the task of being President because Trump has no interest in the country or its future beyond his own personal desire for fame and power.

9 Likes

No. He will make out it is strong to dump Vance and pick a new one, and he will counter accusations of weakness for picking him to start with, by blaming the pick on others.

This would work.

5 Likes