"It's only gotten worse": JD Vance is even more unpopular than last week, plunging to historical -15%

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/31/its-only-gotten-worse-jd-vance-is-even-more-unpopular-than-last-week-plunging-to-historical-15.html

14 Likes

Trump
Couch
2024!

21 Likes

GIF by Rubadub Media

21 Likes

He’s not helping either.

19 Likes

Trump has already forced the director of Project 2025 to resign because that has gone over so badly, and now I’d bet pretty good money Vance is going to step down, too. Trump’s campaign is in complete disarray right now, and I am loving it.

39 Likes

:person_facepalming:

That might have been an intentional joke referencing the couch-fucker memery, but even if so, it’s just more evidence that this flatfooted shillbilly is not ready for prime time. He wasn’t quite Tromp’s Hail Jerry pass who basically replicates Sarah Palin, but he’s already become just as much of a complete joke.

21 Likes

Oh I think he’s surpassed Palin. She was, and is, a buffoon, but she didn’t really cause McCain to lose. He was already trailing Obama in the polls, if I remember. The Palin pick didn’t help McCain out, but I’m not sure any pick would have pushed him to victory. This feels different. Just 3 weeks ago, Trump was on top of this race, and Biden and the Democrats were in disarray. Then Trump makes maybe the dumbest VP pick ever, Biden drops out, endorses Harris, and everything has flipped. This may be the craziest couple of weeks in politics of my entire life.

32 Likes

Yeah, to invoke Amos from “The Expanse”, kinda to feels like we’re in the churn.

11 Likes

Biff faces a common dilemma for fascists seeking power: his chosen comrade is repulsive to the electorate, but dumping him will make him look weak. And Vance isn’t the kind of loyal follower who’ll fall on his sword for his boss.

It’s even worse for Il Douche, because he’s unhealthily obsessed with the ratings. I suspect that will overcome any worries about looking weak.

21 Likes

Keep trying Vance maybe someday you can be funny,

31 Likes

It’s really hard to say what’s going to win out – Trump’s terror of admitting he was wrong about something or his desperate need for “big ratings.”

I’m not even sure who he’d pick as a replacement. Burgum is, from what I hear, boring as hell, but also unlikely to embarrass the campaign. Haley would be a smart pick because she’s a nonwhite woman – but the base despises her, and Trump probably doesn’t like her either. All the other potential VPs are gibbering lunatics, and would have most of the same problems as Vance…

18 Likes

Only the best people! /s

16 Likes

Best thing to do is for a reporter to ask him if he made a mistake. His limited capacity makes it impossible for him to admit a mistake under any circumstances, so he’ll double down.

Of course, the blowback could happen if they manage to win and then Vance Article 25s him.

12 Likes

It was one thing to lie badly in an attempt to disavow Project 2025 and then force the Heritage Foundation to make a sham attempt to distance themselves from his campaign. Dumping Vance would be a major embarrassment.

12 Likes

No. He must carry Vance to term.

52 Likes

i see what you did there GIF

21 Likes

Nikki Haley is waiting by the phone.

6 Likes

She’s going to be waiting a loooooong time. That will never happen. Of course, I didn’t think the Democrats were going to quickly unite behind Harris, and I was wrong, so who knows?

16 Likes

Pretty please, Trump. Pick her!

Soup Gazpacho GIF by GIPHY News

10 Likes

34 Likes