It's pretty easy to bend an iPhone 6 with your hands

This is pretty much exactly the same sort of criticism that Apple came under when they introduced a computer with a mouse, since legions of people had learned to type without taking either hand off the keyboard. How’d that work out?

The person who is trying to destroy Our Freedoms by not replacing their phone with a shinier one every 2 years?!?!?!!

4 Likes

And the computers suck ever since. To some degree it was salvaged by touchpads or trackballs integrated in keyboards, or that nipple-like thing between G and H, but the mouse-dependence still sucks.

Oh, and:

Cite?

1 Like

I am getting a little tired of Android 2.3.7, though. Or, to be more accurate, I’m tired of finding out that some new app doesn’t work on it.

2 Likes

This just in: sticking your phone, which was marketed in part as being significantly thinner, in the front pocket of your tight jeans, just like every other f****g person does with their cellphone when its not glued to their ear, may not be too good for the gizmo.

That’s like selling a small car that blows away in the wind when you park it in your driveway (“this just in: it also makes a lousy paperweight”).

We get these defenses every time Apple comes out with some new stupidity wrapped up in incredible design. “Don’t hold your phone on the edges with sweaty fingers” we’re told. “Sweaty-fingered people are not in the Apple demographic.” “Fat people should buy Microsoft products.”

&c. &c. &c.

Really, isn’t this an auto-da-iconoclasm?

Literally every f*****g person in this cube-farm, except for the dork with a clip-on cell-phone holder, and the hipster who brags about having only a land-line.

5 Likes

Where are the Sandbenders when you need them?

2 Likes

Time for you to visit the XDA forums and get a new version of Android on your phone! (if you can)

1 Like

The iPhone 6 and 6 plus are both more than a quarter of an inch thick

2 Likes

Okay, my fault. I thought a bit over a centimeter, meant half-inch, said quarter-inch. Somewhere I must have divided or multiplied something twice… Good you caught it, thanks!

Well, the beauty of apples design is that you can glue a 5.8 mm block of steel to the phone, and you’ll have exactly what you want. You win, every one who wants a thin phone wins, too!

1 Like

Make it a hollow aluminium U-profile, that’s lighter and sufficiently stiff. And the space inside can house additional batteries. Or business cards.

But I’ll go for an android. No fruity walled orchard for me.

Oh, don’t forget about me: the dweeb in the side office behind the water cooler who wears Levi’s 527 Slim Boot Cut jeans every day of his life. Front pockets are for keys & money. Back pockets are for wallet and phone. Haven’t yet broken a smartphone that way, but I also avoid stabbing meself in the lymph nodes next to my crotch when I sit. Those pockets are regrettably shallow.

1 Like

Well, how can I argue with a sample size like that? Guess you and your office mates will be stuck with second hand Motorola Quanticos.

Regards, the dork with a clip-on cell-phone holder.

1 Like

Yup.

My prediction is that a relatively few number of people will suffer from this (from the video it actually looks like a significant amount of force), Apple will happily replace their phones for free, and all the Apple haters out there will scream & yell about what a travesty it is, while Apple continues to have the highest customer satisfaction numbers in the business.

Just like all the other Apple-Gates.

I’d much rather it curb the popularity of stupidly large phones. At least it looks good to wear pants that fit properly. These big phones look fairly ridiculous when they’re actually being used.

Oh, hey, guess what, everybody:

This just in: someone on the internet made up (or grossly exaggerated) something! Also, new Apple product greeted with FUD, and haters flood to it like pigs to the trough. Wait until the Apple Watch comes out!

And that’s a problem… why?

And even better, there have only been (as of yesterday) 9 total complaints of bent phones (out of 10 million plus sold):

Edited to add: that was already in the content of the link that you posted as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

A belt clip is terminally dorky, not nerdy. Nerdy would be carrying a TI-84 on one.

1 Like