It's the mighty Flash

Brian Blessed is the best Doctor we never had. He auditioned to be the second Doctor.

16 Likes

It warms my heart to see/hear the songs (and movie) of Queen with Freddie. Watching them live in the 1970’s was the highlight of my concert-going experiences.

4 Likes

All those sherpas must be right fucked…

1 Like

Indeed. Although, it is plausible that they may be more accustomed / attentuated (resistant?) No idea if there have been any studies of this.

1 Like

I confess what I want is someone to do a mashup between this and some relevant few minutes of Rocky Horror Picture show…

because I think Rocky and Flash have a lot in common, visually.

3 Likes

Have to admit really liking the Google Pixel commercial and how perfectly timed it is to the music

1 Like

Another fine example of extended copyright helping the creative people…
/s

7 Likes

Reality check: Sherpa’s don’t live on top of Everest.

Typically, their villages are below 4500m (about 15000ft) altitude. And you don’t really need extra oxygen below 8000m (about 26000 ft).

Oh, and when a Sherpa prepares the path to the summit of Everest, that Sherpa also requires extra oxygen to climb safely!

No. That is an example of being evil.

This guy is second on my list…

8 Likes

Thanks. Just this morning, I was sayin’ to my friend, I was sayin’:

“Klytus, I’m borrrredd…”

No, he got this instead:

5 Likes

They also had a TV series not that long ago. It was just OK.

“Klytus I’m borrredd”

Opportunity for an obscure song reference: https://youtu.be/VfnxPQ0vnIA

3 Likes

I remember buying this album and hating it. My favorite Queen stuff is “Best of…” because there was so much that I really didn’t like.

1 Like

I think I rented the wrong movie.

But it does have Craig T. Nelson of Coach.

12 Likes

And an actor. Richard O’Brien has a bit part as an Arborian.

4 Likes

I have seen that one some 20+ years ago now. I need to hunt down a copy for a rewatch. SFX by a very young Rick Baker.

3 Likes

Well, when the robot in the TV series looks like a dildo, it’s an easy mistake to make.

4 Likes

Apparently a lot of known special effects and sci-fi folks worked on this - with a Ray Harryhausen stop motion homage.

2 Likes

Somehow I have never managed to not fall asleep during the 1980 Flash Gordon film. I shall have to try again.

2 Likes