It's the mighty Flash

But getting Mel Blanc to provide the voice for your robot sidekick isn’t a bad consolation prize.

3 Likes

That is one hell of a mouth!

I believe that was actually legendary voice actor Mel Blanc, but casting Brooks would have been a great way to introduce a little “Spaceballs”-style humor.

2 Likes

Right you are. I corrected my error just before you did. And Mel Blanc, being the voice of Daffy Duck, was therefore also the voice of Duck Dodgers in the 24th and a half Century.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m reminded that some distant relative of HP Lovecraft has, in the last couple of years, started laying some sort of claim to his writing, now that Lovecraft is popular. Despite the fact that Lovecraft only became so popular by being in the public domain after decades of copyright handover screw-ups which resulted in the publisher that began the popularization process eventually claiming to not actually own the copyright. (Which also means that the person laying claim to the writing is doing so despite the fact that the only entities that renewed the copyright at the necessary times didn’t actually have the rights. Also, they did it wrong.) But the times involved are so long, and the trail of ownership so convoluted, everyone just throws up their hands and doesn’t want to deal with it. The end result being that it seems to now be dead to adaptations.

3 Likes

You make valid points, but the implication is that anyone going to those heights may be at risk. Presumably unless they are breathing oxygen constantly above a certain height? Do climbers do that? Seems to me @knoxblox raises a potentially legitimate concern that may be worthy of investigation.

1 Like

Just get a Hemsworth and you’re good to go.

Don’t look at me. I was just trying to make jokes before things go all pedant-y. :smile:

2 Likes

Shout out for Brewmeister Smith!

6 Likes

A worthy adversary for the McKenzie brothers.

giphy%20(14)

8 Likes

Strange Brew is my favorite adaptation of Hamlet ever.

5 Likes

Indeed. That’s why people who climb eight-thousanders generally use extra oxygen. Even those climbers (like the Sherpa) that have lived their entire life above 4000m.

How your body reacts to altitude is a very complex thing. Some adapt faster than others. Acclimatization is always going to take a lot of time, however. So a 4000m altitude headstart will obviously help.

But there have not yet been many (any?) who have been able to fully adapt to life above 8000m; it’s called ‘the dead zone’ for a reason…

1 Like

It’s the bore worms for you!

2 Likes

You misspelled BRIAN BLESSED. The all-caps are required.

7 Likes

Well, that and probably all the dead, frozen bodies laying about.

2 Likes

I know, but so did you.

Everyone knows it is spelled BRIAN BLESSED. We have no excuse.

4 Likes

2 Likes

I remember unusual marketing for this film when it was released. The TV commercials ended with the phrase, “Music by Queen” as if they really wanted to make the band a big selling point for the film. I can’t think of another time when a major feature film has done something similar.

3 Likes

Best 10 second segment of Queen pop music ever?

He gives me more of an Odin vibe.

1 Like