Ivanka Trump says mob storming Capitol are "American patriots"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/06/ivanka-trump-says-mob-storming-capitol-are-american-patriots.html

8 Likes

Can we get the guillotines out yet?

42 Likes

Be careful. Someone might get upset you said the G word (isn’t that just as bad?)

/s, because of course.

20 Likes

She tried to delete the tweet. Too late, Ivanka!

30 Likes

Let them clutch all the pearls.

Had POC or anyone non-White stormed the fucking Capitol, they would have been stripped of any weapons and shot on sight.

Anyone surviving would do serious jail time.

White Supremacy is what we are witnessing here, and a pox upon anyone who enables or facilitates it.

53 Likes

So you think she will end up in Federal prison orange or khaki?

7 Likes

I just finished polishing mine. But there seems to be a tumbril shortage.

10 Likes

The mob is waging war on the US. Ivanka is giving aid and comfort to an enemy waging war on the US. See the Constitutional definition of treason.

23 Likes

They wouldn’t have even been able to get that far.

25 Likes

sigh cat

16 Likes

they took down the american flag at the capitol building and put up a trump flag in its place. i could guess just what kind of patriots YOU think they are, Ivanka, but they sure aren’t AMERICAN patriots.

36 Likes

I remember when people started wishing each other “Happy Birthday” on Facebook and something about the recent changes to Whatsapp’s terms of service have put me in a very contemplative mood this week.

It seems to me that when we’ve reached the point of posting on Twitter during this kind of situation that “social media” platforms, companies, ideals, and compulsions have reached the core of our lives. I don’t know if she is trying to reach the people actively involved in riots, whether she’s just presenting a public message for the “optics” of it all, or if she even knows the difference herself anymore, but I’m of the opinion that it’s all gone sideways.

3 Likes

“Christ, what an asshole!”

huh. It really is universal!

7 Likes

Been on FB 3 yrs got that one out of the shute

I’m giving her a pass on this singular tweet.

Saying “American patriots, please go home” is the equivalent of gently saying “nice doggy” to the growling dog right in front of you.

Yeah, her dad is the prime instigator on this, and had been tossing it meth laced red meat, but she gets a pass from me on THIS tweet.

2 Likes

She mispronounced “traitors.”

11 Likes

Nope; she can go choke.

26 Likes

Yeah, I noticed the sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiight difference in level of force here.

There was a line of people taking pictures from the podium, then someone stole it. People looted Senate and House offices. Not a lot of arrests going on. Due to an orange painted manchild won’t accept his loss because he knows he is screwed when he no longer has protection and so made up stuff that has been proven as lies in over 60 legal cases in 2 weeks.

Whereas you have police marching and cracking the heads open of 75 year old men for a protest based on things that actually happened.

12 Likes

It’s her dog, and it’s ripping other people to shreds as she continues to voice encouragement.

24 Likes

Yep; no pass.

17 Likes