Ivanka Trump to get 16 new China trademarks, including one for 'voting machines'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/11/05/trump-brand-voting-machines.html

7 Likes

The bribery and graft is out in the open for all to see. Clear as day.

Just more blue sky for the trump klan.

21 Likes

smells like emoluments to me.

16 Likes

Or as Il Douche calls it, business as usual. And business is good. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8 Likes

fucking Voting Machines?

when is the thin veneer of civility getting ripped off this shit?

6 Likes

21 Likes

If tomorrow turns to shit, which it absolutely could, I am going to start considering getting out of the United States. At least having a plan. I should be able to get an Italian passport pretty easily, thanks to my Mom’s side. That’s mostly because of the Dad’s side, which is Ashkenazi. Starting to look less cool to be even Jew-ish in the USA. And anything else, other than idiot asshole angry white person.

9 Likes

They’re paying her off in a way that has value - but doesn’t look like they’ve sent a guy over with a bag of cash.

9 Likes

I am confused and not going to read the article right now. Does this mean she has trade marks in China for Trump Brand voting machines or all voting machines?

3 Likes

“nursing homes, sausage casing, and voting machines"

Seriously. What. The. Fuck. Also: I can draw a(n unfortunate) connection between two of those, but not all three.

7 Likes

Nursing homes, voting machines and any member of the Trump family suggests a granny farming operation.

12 Likes

I’m just not sure how the voting machines fit in…

3 Likes

Open nursing home, turn granny into sausages, fail to notify anyone of granny’s demise, set up a side business selling the votes of the sausage people.

12 Likes

Granny farming is a form of electoral fraud where someone steals the votes of people who they are supposedly caring for, traditionally elderly people with some form of dementia.

12 Likes

In some of Trump’s trademark application forms:

502 PAPK AVENUE,NEW YORK,NEW YORK 10022,UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Don’t worry about the votlng nachimes, folks. Everything going to be alright.

6 Likes

I was thinking of the other kind of granny farming, where they get turned into sausage casings.
First one, then the other, I guess.

6 Likes

Can anyone be bothered to look up the details and tell me what exactly got trademarked? The terms alone? A specific product branded by the term? A specific technology applied in/to a product?

I mean, sausage casing? What?
What kind of trademark is that?

1 Like

If she can sell the tradition of the Australian “democracy sausage” to the US voters, she could make a pretty decent profit at the same time.

2 Likes

I’l kind of wondering why a dress maker would need the trademark on “sausage casings.”

2 Likes

Probably just putting her own twist on the classics.
Image result for gaga meat dress

4 Likes