Ivermectin selling out nationwide

My experience would be largely farmers and people in the horse business.

And it’s a resounding yes.

A bit like asking “do people with dogs and cats routinely walk around with pictures of them”.

These days a horse is a pet, even a working horse of some sort. And people lurv them.

They seemed to have plenty when I stopped there to use the bathroom the other day. But we have a higher than average vaccination rate here.

11 Likes

That’s a lame remake of Ken getting Otto. The Austin Powers scene, I mean.

3 Likes

Don’t bother looking north of the border. It is flying off the shelves in Alberta (known colloquially as “Texas North”) as well. Coincidentally, Alberta has the largest unvaxed contingent of folks in Canada.

11 Likes

Sorry. I am kind of grouchy today. I can see the intended humor and the idea that someone doing a stupid thing should at least pick a less hazardous stupid thing can have some merit.

As for “doing the research” - I think that one of the key things someone learns in less supervised study (e.g. grad school) is how to critically approach a topic. It is not enough to take the key point at face value, one needs to consider the source, the methods, the related work, the funding source, the broader context, etc. in order to really understand something. One has to be willing to challenge their own ideas. People who exist in echo chambers, never look outside, and never ask why willfully put themselves at the mercy of the ideologues they blindly follow.

6 Likes

So covid vaccine is bad, immoral etc. But putting horse de-wormer inside you is all good?

2 Likes

44 Likes

Homeopathic pills are my favourite. Make water magic, then dry it out and put it in pills.

23 Likes

I’ve been taking “ever handsome” special super duper pills that I got from some hippy at the local swap meet, I think it’s starting to work, maybe. You just have to believe.

15 Likes

Well, I might have been casually checking in there, but I was looking for diconal and ketanine, I’ll have you know, not worm past.

10 Likes

This is an important point. Google is actually doing quite well right now at bumping correct information about COVID to the top of results. If you open a private window and start googling around COVID related words, it is difficult to get bad info.

That suggests those people aren’t even googling. They are literally watching Fox & Friends or listening to Alex Jones and that’s it. Their “research” doesn’t even include bothering to google anything.

30 Likes

I highly recommend theobromine for mild mood enhancement. I prefer mine in dark chocolate form, but there are a variety of natural sources to choose from.

edit - NOT recommended for our four-legged friends. Quite bad for them, in fact.

18 Likes

There’s a meme in this…

11 Likes

All those things are part of information literacy. I had it hammered into my head during grad school when I got my MLIS (Masters in Library & Information Science) many years ago. It seems like common sense, but apparently way too many people want validation for what they initially want to believe vs trying to verify what they believe. Some times it just depresses the hell out of me.

15 Likes

Is there anything, I, not a resident of Kentucky, can do about that guy that’s both legal, actually effective, and doesn’t bankrupt me and my family (and even then my money’s a drop in the bucket compared to the people supporting him and the system keeping him around)?

And would it even matter since another two heads of the Hydra would appear in his place? Also it just makes Mitch McConnell that much more powerful.

4 Likes

I was really hoping to find a scene in Tremors where a graboid ate a tractor, to suggest at least one occasion, but sadly I could not. :wink:

(And that’s the second Tremors-related comment I’ve made today!)

8 Likes

Google ALL the drugs!!!

3 Likes

Well, the Amish around here wouldn’t, but they could just take you out to the parking lot where their buggy stands as immediate proof.

8 Likes

15 Likes

Has anybody checked how much Durvet stock Kelley Rand bought recently?

8 Likes

Thoughts on ivermectin:

1. It’s occasionally very toxic
  2. It does nothing to stop you catching COVID
  3. If you have COVID it does nothing to alleviate symptoms or prevent dying
  4. Only the worst possible people ignore points one to three
    Er, why are we complaining?

(because we are not psychopaths)

8 Likes