Jack Chick religious comics are the best-selling comics of all time

Additionally, the God’s Not Dead / God’s (Still) Not Dead franchise (with Dean Cain/Superman and Kevin Sorbo/Hercules) and Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed franchise (with Ben Stein/Ben Stein).

1 Like

I watched the first Left Behind movie once just to see what the fuss was about.

It was kind of like the aftermath of the “Thanos Snap” in the Marvel movies but if everyone who wasn’t an Evangelican Christian was either reporting directly to the Antichrist or fantastically, mind-numbingly stupid. Which I guess says a lot about how the creators of the franchise see the rest of us.

Although now that I’m thinking about it I kind of want to see a Marvel/Left Behind mashup movie in which the Avengers travel back in time to steal the Infinity Stones before God can use them to cause the Rapture. The final showdown would be off the hook.

YHWH: I am who I am. The LORD, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob.
STARK: Yeah, well—I am Iron Man.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I find so, uh, odd about christianity. Even the things they hold out as the rewards for slavish obedience just aren’t very compelling. So, God is going to rapture you (apparently naked, because your clothes remain) and all your non-Christian friends die horribly.

What a great way to start a Revelation: naked and with survivor’s guilt!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.