Jan 6 committee to subpoena Alex Jones' emails and texts after spectacular leak

Wow… you… do you really buy that Jones is some super-genius? Really? He’s just a loud, rich bully, who has managed to get lucky so far. These people are not playing nth dimensional chess… they are failing at tic-tac-toe…

18 Likes

10 Likes

He intentionally paid those families $4.1 million right? Genius!

8 Likes

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Did you watch the hearing on the emergency motion to try and seal the phone records? That attorney for Jones, Reynal, he is desperate. I can believe Jones is a good actor and can fake his reaction. But the way that lawyer acted and his frankly desperate motions show this was not planned. He had no fucking clue what all was in those records.
This was not planned

Link to the hearing

17 Likes

Apparently it wasn’t just the Jones phone, but a whole 300GB fuckton of other data, including medical records, and stuff that Reynal wasn’t supposed to have.

• Reynal’s legal assistant sent a file transfer link to Bankston, another of the plaintiff’s attorneys, as well as Reynal and another Jones attorney. The link led to a variety of other files, including confidential psychiatric files on the Connecticut plaintiffs
  • The entire file was around 300GB of material
  • 2.3GB of it is phone material, including “intimate messages with Roger Stone”
18 Likes

Outside of a John Grisham film, I have never sat through 20 minutes of legal drama.
Glad I did today, though. Thanks for that.

5 Likes

whoa-bill-and-ted

This explains a lot. It would make more sense for medical and financial records to come via cloud download than a phone image. The download is also probably more complete than whatever might be copied to a phone.

Also interesting from the linked article are the Lafferty medical records from a separate case where the records were under a protective order. Meaning that both AJ and Reynal (and whoever gave them the records) breached a protective order. If this were not Texas, the state bar would take a keen interest.

300GB - that’s a lotta whoop-ass coming down the pike.

14 Likes

That’s a lot of body scans nobody wants to see.

3 Likes

Are you referring to Lafferty’s records? I think they were psychiatric counseling records, which to me makes it extra-shitty that these clowns would be sharing them. Come to think of it, the Laffertys would have a nice case against AJ and Reynal as well, under Connecticut law if Texas no longer recognizes a right to privacy.

7 Likes

I was speculating on the size of the data. Scans and the like would be heavy in Kbs.

Psych evals would be less Kbs IMO but then again we’re talking about one messed up individual.

3 Likes

The numbers are in. $45.2 million in punitives. The jury nailed it.

6 Likes

The easiest way to balloon the size of a legal record is to print it out and then scan it back in.
e.g
Leaked Draft of Dobbs Decision 12.8 MB
Final print: 295 KB

3 Likes

How about Moron’s Razor?
Don’t mistake stupidity for strategy?

1 Like
11 Likes

Excited Friday GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.