Jan. 6 Hearings MegaThread

Most likely to get caught perjuring himself.

12 Likes

parks and recreation please GIF

12 Likes

I’m guessing this will include multiple references to the 5th Amendment

10 Likes

ETA: Awwwwww it’s going be behind closed doors.

11 Likes

Ginni Thomas is also in that circle.

15 Likes
13 Likes

Trump waving something else that he doesn’t actually have…

12 Likes

“He did not contradict the testimony of other witnesses,” Rep. Zoe Lofgren, D-Calif., said late Friday on CNN.

Lofgren, a committee member, clarified that “not contradicting is not the same as confirming.” In some cases the former White House lawyer was not present for the events described or “couldn’t recall with precision” some details, she said.

12 Likes
16 Likes

steve bannon: semi-sentient pile of wrinkled, filthy laundry which wants to be on the tv

He’s so pissed off they’re not going to interview him on live tv. Poor little evil exhibitionist sociopathic egotist.

17 Likes

subpoena.

“What’s the point of going to trial here if there is no defense?” Bannon attorney David Schoen said at the hearing after the judge handed down several rulings limiting the evidence Bannon could present the jury.

The hearing came after it was revealed in court filings overnight that the FBI interviewed Donald Trump’s attorney two weeks ago, a previously unknown development that could significantly shape the Justice Department’s sprawling investigation into the January 6, 2021, Capitol riot.

17 Likes

Fun Fact: It was a trump appointed judge who pissed on Bannon’s parade.

15 Likes

Next hearings are tomorrow, so I’m gonna go ahead and put the link up to the live stream as PBS Newshour has it up already:

18 Likes

Thank you, Our Very Dear!

8 Likes

Exactly, if you don’t have a defence against the charges just enter a guilty plea and be done with it. With a client like Bannon I thought you were a unreasonable sleezeball of a lawyer but I guess I was wr…
Oh, you mean “No faaiiiir! What’s the point of going to trial if the judge has ruled out the transparently bullshit excuse with no legal precedent that is the only thing my client is willing to allow me to build a case around?”
Yeah. Same answer, expect maybe also put Bannon on a list of clients you’ll never work for again because it’s an embarrassing waste of time.

11 Likes

It sounds like his best way forward to try and avoid jail time is to confess & fully cooperate?

15 Likes

Salon is on the job!

16 Likes

Tuning in now (a couple of minutes late!).

HOly shit, Cheney just essentially called Trump “an impressionable child”…

Season 2 Reaction GIF by Insecure on HBO

18 Likes

So, somebody has revoked Ms. Powell’s instant security clearance right?

JHC

11 Likes

I fucking hope so.

We know the rules of engagement.

This is going to be a red wedding…

a million plus geeked up armed Americans

WTF.

[ETA] Is one of the two witnesses who are waiting to testify wearing a Ramones shirt?

fred armisen lol GIF by IFC

12 Likes