January 6 picketer gets teary eyed in court: "No one wants to hire me"

Originally published at: January 6 picketer gets teary eyed in court: "No one wants to hire me" | Boing Boing

16 Likes

Golly, I wonder why anyone would choose not to let an actual seditionist act as a role model in youth organizations dedicated to patriotism, team-building and sportsmanship?

79 Likes

Out of fucks

60 Likes

55 Likes

46 Likes

“I’m a white male. I’m not supposed to face consequences for my actions! Wahhh!”

62 Likes

The fact that nobody will hire him restores a tiny bit of my faith in humanity. It’s still deep in the negatives and I’ll never be able to meet a fellow human ever again without wondering if they’re secretly a monster, but every bit helps, I suppose.

62 Likes

No one wants to hire me. They just have to Google my name.

“Really? How terrible for you…” said every older BIPOC I know who has been dealing with this for decades.

Give Me A Break Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

52 Likes

Brought to you in part by Sedition Hunters.
Sedition Hunters make insurrectionists cry.
That’s Sedition Hunters kids. Go find 'em!

40 Likes

I wonder if this is a variation on the old joke about the guy who asks his doctor if he’ll be able to play the piano after his arm heals. The doctor says “sure you will,” and the guy responds “Really? But I couldn’t play the piano before!” (yuk yuk yuk).

So maybe this is like that, except for general employability.

33 Likes

He played the stupidest game, and won the stupidest prize.

33 Likes

This. Amen, and can we do it some more, please??

28 Likes

…and all the women who’ve been fired for being sexually harassed (me)

…and all the trans people who’ve been fired for being born (also me, different incident)

White men’s threshold for hardship is astonishingly low.

61 Likes

Obligatory:

45 Likes

Picketer?

That’s a weird typo. Those keys aren’t anywhere near “rioter” or “insurrectionist”.

46 Likes

37 Likes

field_barron

46 Likes

His church’s response does nothing to restore mine.

i.e. “Just stay quiet and keep your head down until this blows over, then we’ll give you a patriot’s welcome back”.

34 Likes

That’s remarkable given the less than stellar hiring practices of the Boy Scouts.

22 Likes

Mixed feelings here having done my felonies and had to deal with the consequences.
I get the shock when you find out there really IS a consequence… Then finding out that once the price was paid, the consequences keep going on.

Carceral society is great… Depending on which side you sit.

But is has a nasty habit of spreading.

And no I do NOT condone 1/6, I think they need some lessons taught but only the little fish are being taught.

It’s like trimming the edges of a tumor and congratulating everyone for beating cancer.

23 Likes