Japanese company creates vertical nap pod to sleep standing up

I’ll take me the Fringe sensory deprivation tank. Sure it takes up a lot of space, but at least you’re floating in a dark soundless void. Combined with Walter’s drug cocktails it’s either going to be the most peaceful deep sleep you’ve ever had or the most horrific dream hellscape you couldn’t even imagine.

3 Likes

What I don’t understand is all the empty, squandered space in the top. The designer could’ve easily fit at least one baby up there.

2 Likes

Then what are you supposed to use for a pillow?

1 Like

Oh look, they’ve invented phone booths.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Everything old is new again… :+1:

4 Likes

So it begins…

4 Likes

No thanks, my knees hurt already.

2 Likes

Since you asked…

At Rocketdyne there was a valve tech who built a couple of “nests” for himself. He’d use them at any time during the day, breaktime or not; mostly not… based on reports. His nesting materials: Cleanroom coats, and lint-free wipes and large surface cloth. His pillows in both “nests” were large heavy-duty bags (used for maintaining cleanliness of built engine valves) stuffed with cleanroom materials (see above). So, those were his pillows. Oh. You want to hear the rest? Okay. His hidey-holes: 1) An in-wall, ceiling-to-floor, shallow storage closet in the hallway leading to the valve room’s main airlock. We witnessed him sneaking into it one day for a snooze. Later, we found the closet floor heaped with lots more of the soft stuff; 2) an enclosed utility space (located inside the cleanroom) used by maintenance-only to access shutoff and relief valves for the cleanroom’s LN2 and high pressure He/GN2. Less than 3’ wide and ~18’ deep, it made an invitingly snug place for all the soft stuff. Rocketdyne in Canoga Park was really bustling with work at that time, so I never noticed when he simply just disappeared from the scene. Fired? Retired? We’ll never know.

5 Likes

Still in nest #3 which nobody else ever found out about?

5 Likes

I would not be surprised!

1 Like

I love the bbs, but it is severely and bizarrely lacking in Fringe references. A tip o’ the hat to you for taking us a step in the right direction.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.