Japanese Mcdonald's has a new One Piece collaboration, and the commercial is stunning

Originally published at: Japanese Mcdonald's has a new One Piece collaboration, and the commercial is stunning | Boing Boing

In “Mr Queen” a Korean historical/sf/comedy/drama, a gender switching time traveling chef who occupies the body of the queen introduces a version of McDonald’s to the 1850s Korean (Joseon) court;

5 Likes

This reminds me of this anime/film/manga:

Thermae Romae - Wikipedia
“The story follows an ancient Roman architect named Lucius, who is having trouble coming up with ideas. One day, he discovers a hidden tunnel underneath a spa that leads him to a modern Japanese bath house. Inspired by the innovations found there, he creates his own spa, Roma Thermae, bringing the modern ideas to his time.”

4 Likes

Oh no! I’ve lost the ability to understand Japanese!

Hm. The lack of fansub captions might have something to do with that. Wari wari!

1 Like

Very much like, and I have heard of this one as well.

Mr Queen is hilarious and touching, although I’ve only been able to access the first 3 episodes, and various clips.

2 Likes

Why do the burger buns all look like they have some sort of tumor growing inside of them?

1 Like

I know right? Usually the tumor is in the meat. Maybe they used the wrong recipe

1 Like

That’s probably the case. I definitely prefer my tumors meat-based. Who knows what the effect of eating a tumorous burger bun might be. I’m certainly not taking any chances!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.