Japanese toilet paper you didn't know you needed

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/27/japanese-toilet-paper-you-didn.html

4 Likes

Your toilet paper is scented too. You just never noticed. I must say, green tea sounds nicer than baby powder, or whatever that scent is.

1 Like

2 Likes

I mean, after I use it, sure.

So Japan is also afflicted with the completely nonsensical and utterly flabbergasting array of “double”, “giant”, “mega” and “times infinity” roll silliness?

2 Likes

Scented toilet paper is straight up flushing toxic nonsense into the local water table.

It’s not cool.

7 Likes

Is Japan not basically the nexus point for “Super! Giant! Mega! Ultra wow!” type advertising? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh my god, was it their fault all along!?!

1 Like

If I read this right it says on the wrapper how long a bogroll is.
I like that.

Urgh… This all seems very amusing unless you regularly shop at a Japanese grocery store with a 7 year old girl, who insists on the house being stocked with hello kitty TP. It’s not bad TP, it’s just not as good as the regular stuff (it’s a bit “smooth”, and has little moisture resistance).

But on the positive side, if you like white paper with little pink outlined hello kitties to smear shit on, it’s great stuff.

3 Likes

“Home of the Kaiju roll, for the times when puny mega rolls just can’t handle the job. Godzilla asks for it by name!”"

1 Like

Install a second bog-roll holder and buy both kinds of TP. Win-win.

And get a second kitten so each has their own roll to unroll!

3 Likes

Not a bad idea. I prefer charmin extra strength. One of the few TP’s that’s not gas station industrial strength wax paper with splinters that guarantees that I “won’t get in touch with my inner self” if I’m having a little GI upset…

On a weird TP note, all the TP I used in Ecuador was very pink, and very rough (often with woody chips in it).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.