Japan's first lady pretended not to speak English when she sat next to Trump at G20 dinner

How about Bush Sr.? https://youtu.be/XnOnDatqENo

2 Likes

Best part is that he called her wife of the japanese PRESIDENT in the interview. That fat waste of skin doesn´t even get that right. Also he thinks Macron loves holding hands with him.

8 Likes

“I’m so sorry, I no speak ze English.”
“Ah! That is no problem to me, I also speak French.”
“I speak no French.”
“But I just heard you –”
“I speak no French, monsieur. Good day to you.”

edit: I neglected to credit The Toast for this.

24 Likes

In my family there’s a second cousin who’s a bit “off” (boundary issues, logorrhea, bad hygiene, etc.). We’ve all come up with strategies to keep our interactions with him at family events to an absolute minimum – hand signals, rescue pacts, that kind of thing. Il Douche is the G-20’s version of that weird second cousin.

6 Likes

If, as some theorize, 45 just automatically made a bigoted assumption and didn’t even try to converse with Akie Abe, that’s a win for her.

But if she was savvy enough to out-bullshit a known bullshitter, then that’s an EPIC win for her, and some seriously high-quality, real life counter-trolling.

32 Likes

I assume he’s just lying about his reason to go speak with Putin.

5 Likes

"No, I don’t speak English, sorry"

18 Likes

I never knew this skit was with Simon Pegg, it’s always been a favorite of mine since I saw it ages ago.

2 Likes

Normally I don’t nitpick headlines, but this one actually did bother me a bit.

We have no idea if she pretended not to speak English, if he just assumed she didn’t speak English, or (given this is Trump) if she sat and had a perfectly pleasant conversation with him in English for an hour and a half. Honestly the last one seems most likely to me.

13 Likes

That’s pretty much always a given, any time he tries to communicate with others…

12 Likes

Old joke: How can you tell Trump is lying?

5 Likes

Because he’s still alive and breathing?

8 Likes

His hands are moving.

(But that too.)

6 Likes

I have feeling that sad excuse for a person will somehow find a way to keep lying, even after he’s finally worm food.

3 Likes

“The evil that Trumps do lives after them; the good is snuffed out by their progenitors.”

Shakespeare if he’d written King Leer instead of King Lear.

13 Likes

By having a particularly large and gaudy mausoleum that proclaims his own perceptions of his eternal greatness?

7 Likes

Given his penchant for dictator chic, I suspect instead of a presidential library, he’ll have the first bankrupt pyramid-shaped TV tower in history.

This is all going to be so embarrassing when the aliens comb through our ashes.

9 Likes

Too late; we’re already way past that point.

11 Likes

“It seems like only yesterday I was strafing so many of your homes. Here I am today, begging you not to make such good cars”

5 Likes

Y’all missed the best part. From: http://nationalpost.com/news/world/japans-first-lady-pretends-not-to-speak-english-rather-than-chat-with-donald-trump/wcm/580d98eb-2d08-4d3e-bd0a-c6cd65709329

“Curiously, photos from G20 banquet show Trump seated to the left of the first lady of China and suggest he has confused Peng Liyuan for Akie Abe”

EDIT: looks like the article may have been edited. I copy and pasted the last paragraph from the link, but it seems to be gone now. So, say it with me, FAKE NEWS, Sad!

4 Likes