Japhroaig's ROAD TRIP thread!

But it’s never nice.
Pff, the feeling your window wipers are not doing there jobs.

3 Likes

I’m 10 hours late but stay safe and have fun!

1 Like

Ah, it appears the dinosaurs have acquired electricity in their camp. Excellent reconnaissance, my man. Keep up the good work.

9 Likes

Redwood selfies!!!

21 Likes

That #taylorswift character can shove it, I take the best selfies.

Also, I stopped and helped a guy who clipped a deer. His truck ended up in a tree. He is alright, just needed a cellphone. I did a doubletake and a uturn when I saw it :smiley:

10 Likes

Those are TINY redwoods, barely saplings! You know you have to show us the big ones.

7 Likes

Never underestimate how dangerous it is to hit an animal with your car. For the animal, certainly, but also for the car, and you too if you lose control.

6 Likes

I swear to FSM, this whole California drought thing is over. :wink:

7 Likes

Yeah, we commiserated. If he had been a second earlier or later it would have been through his windshield. And I was 25 seconds behind the guy.

Okay, 2.5 hours left. Then I’ll write up all the other shenanigans.

9 Likes

:sweat:

11 Likes

That’s Rat Patrol! And I would be staring at beer like that if I spent the day driving around in the Sahara or whatever North African desert it was.

1 Like

That’s the very famous Ice Cold in Alex.

smh

:wink:

My first intro to Rat Patrol though… any particular episode I should start with… or just, like, the first?

Oh duh, never mind… I just saw that on Trailers From Hell recently too. derp derp derp.

1 Like

Enh, whatever you can find on youtube. It is fun 50s tv without much regard to history.

1 Like

Man. I could use a beer now.

3 Likes

Aaaaaaand… I’m still alive and in mountain view!! The rain was torrential, the traffic on the i80 was a parking lot, and it took forever to get down the 101.

16 Likes

yay safe and damp…

6 Likes

When i was twelve my dad ‘taught’ me to drive on a semi secret beach north of brookings Oregon. I found it today. It is now completely unpassable, and I can’t believe let me drive down that… That ‘road’. There is now a steel beam welded across the entrance cause it is basically a death trap.

Good memories.

15% decent grade at least, pot holes three feet deep, and no guard rails. See that tiny beach next to the sea stack? Yeah, that’s where I learned to drive.

12 Likes

Hay @enso, I’m in mountain view now, and everything looks the same!!!

I just went to Target to buy TP, and I’m parked next to the same car I drive. But luckily I’m the evil version with the goatee. What have I done!?!?

7 Likes

why the fuck is shit so expensive here!?

9 Likes