JD Vance less popular than Sarah Palin was in 2008

12 Likes

Actually it’s because Palin is reasonably attractive to a certain set and Vance is creepy in all ways.

2 Likes
9 Likes

How the ever loving fuck are women only at -8?

9 Likes

Yeah it wasn’t just Fox “News” selling her to us as “hot”… SNL did it too, in a weird way:

at 1:23 time mark, this:

I got a bookish look
and you’re all hot for teacher

4 Likes

I’d be curious how much, if any, effect the demonstration in practice of the fact that these people are not joking may have had.

It certainly doesn’t help that Vance seems to be weird and unlikeable on even a surface level in ways that Palin wasn’t; but it’s a lot harder to even do a surface-level evaluation of him on charm when you know that his “I have enshrined my dysfunctional upbringing into a general theory of reactionary despotism and human nature” shtick is not just an eccentric little hobby; but alarmingly likely to be eagerly pushed into policy with all the force he and his backers can muster; while a McCain campaign era Palin was certainly no more inspiring as a source of social policy; but a lot easier to suspect of being a particularly cynical sop to her fellow lunatics by the more or less small-‘c’ reactionary wing that was largely uninterested in doing more than teasing those guys in order to get out the votes required to do more plutocracy; rather than all too likely to be pushing hardline social policy into the eager mouths of an enthusiastic supreme court just waiting to rubbers stamp it.

9 Likes

16 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.