JD Vance mansplains his "sarcasm"

Because it doesn’t fit their Christofascist conception of family, and because they think it’s a winning idea to claim that politicians without children won’t do a good job because they (supposedly) “have no stake in the country’s future.”

Edit, @Mindysan33

Because women should ONLY be mothers and wives, nothing else, in their fucked up world view. We’re not people, we’re broodmares. :woman_shrugging:

Yep, of course, that especially fucked-up facet of their idea of 'family" too!

15 Likes

There’s also that whole Lebensborn-program vibe…

9 Likes

Yep, they’re just recycling old bullshit…

14 Likes

They cannot come with new exciting things…

11 Likes

Trump claimed his health tips of gargling bleach, and putting lights in your orifices to stop Covid, as well as his talking about Haley when he meant Pelosi, were “sarcasm”. I think they believe the term “sarcasm” explains away being a fricking idiot.

18 Likes

Colin Jost Shrug GIF by Saturday Night Live

13 Likes

So, that’s why the are longing for the “good old days”.

13 Likes

Yeah, that and how much they and their cult members miss the patriarchal Christian white supremacy that was more entrenched in the past.

Hey, seems like we’re coming full circle now! (It’s actually a pretty short tour, isn’t it. :confused:).

10 Likes

If I was paranoid, I would say that these things we are seeing these days are the revenge of a certain people who were badly beaten in Asia and Europe some 80 years ago.

10 Likes

hang on, is that not the existing dependent tax deduction?
or do JD and Charlie only think that those earning more than 100k should get a tax benefit from having kids.

oh forget it, they have not even thought this though that far I am sure.

8 Likes

Rather than a positive benefit: if you have kid(s) you get a deduction, The Trump/Vance Campaign would prefer you have a punitive action: People without kids must pay more.

Makes sense when cruelty is the point of the Face Eating Leopards Party.

22 Likes

Why does J.D. Vance hate George Washington?

17 Likes

8yd8an

19 Likes

In the good old days, Republicans were solidly against women having children and getting benefits for them. How things have changed!

13 Likes

JD shoulda stuck with the couch f***ing. That was way funnier.

6 Likes

The obvious squaring of that particular circle would be to model the difference in tax structure on the stuff they already have for farming; and ensure that it is, quite specifically, prolific husbandry which is a tax-advantaged vocation; not being a parent generally.

4 Likes

Regarding the second clip where he says people with children should get tax breaks… ummm. The child tax credit already exists.

5 Likes

As do several comments here that already say that. :yawning_face:

10 Likes

so the whole “Quiverfull” movement of christo-fascists has been mainstreamed? I think I’m goinna get sick.

6 Likes

Yeah, I’m willing to pay more to feed, provide shelter, and care for children and people, not more tax cut for the church/wealthy. The church gets that benefit to keep their mouth shut from politic but seem like that agreement is not upheld nowadays. Also, tax payers shouldn’t have to subsidize religious schools. If these wealthy donors or the churches can afford to donate to superPAC, they can afforded to be taxed.

16 Likes