JD Vance mansplains his "sarcasm"

23 Likes

JD Vance: when you roll up a bard with Charisma as a dump stat

7 Likes

Nice. Good ones are coming in fast!

23 Likes

I approve of this post! :wink:

10 Likes

Vance thinks that there are big similarities between his life and the life of Churchill?

Pictured, Churchill’s unassuming birthplace.

17 Likes

I can see that

If it wasn’t for WW2, Churchill would be about as loved as Mosley, and mostly by the same people.

16 Likes

A friend’s grandmother used to curse people with, “May you burn in hell with Winstone Churchill.” She was a lifelong union organizer and Communist; and I cannot fault her sentiment.

17 Likes

My grandad hated the man; blamed him in part for his internment in a Japanese POW camp. He was sent off to war in a boat that had been sunk twice before, and the rations were already rotten when they sailed. It was a bunch of working class kids who the brass viewed as disposable cannon fodder, and that view came from the very top.

11 Likes
13 Likes

They want women to breed - esp poor women - so there will be a big generation of potential ditchdiggers and sl-, um, servants to do the bidding of the 1%.

Voltaire

20 Likes
12 Likes

Seemed like Beau got a bit more worked up there than usual. Makes me wonder if the topic is hitting him close to home.

9 Likes

I think you are right. The idea of careless assholes destroying families for clicks seems like the sort of thing that would piss him off.

12 Likes

Do not give them ideas!

9 Likes

So many good ones. I especially like this one, who’s also from Appalachia.

23 Likes

Cat memes aside I find it interesting that Vance is calling for some people to be targeted with higher taxes.

That seems to go against more than forty years of Republican orthodoxy that raising any taxes is something that shouldn’t even be talked about.

14 Likes

Yeah but of course, as with his embrace of the [white] working class, that would all evaporate if they got elected.

11 Likes

Republican orthodoxy is not raising taxes on the rich. Both Regan and T**** raised taxes on the middle class.

16 Likes

… if Vance were a more sophisticated politician he would be talking about “increasing the deductions for dependents”

Who, after all, could object to that? :thinking:

8 Likes

Famously single, childless Republican apparently unaware that his party fully embraced the unofficial slogan “Fuck Your Feelings!” more than eight years ago.

11 Likes