JD Vance wins Ohio's GOP Primary

Originally published at: JD Vance wins Ohio's GOP Primary | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Lets give Tim Ryan all the support he can get.

20 Likes

With a lazy approach like this ad (h/t @RickMycroft ) this “moderate centrist” is going to need it.

As I noted elsewhere…

10 Likes

JD Vance wins Ohio’s GOP Primary

13 Likes

Ugh, milquetoast white bread against an enraged white supremacist. Not hard to see which side’s voters will feel passionate about their candidate. :weary:

unimpressed rachel griffiths GIF by ABC Network

13 Likes

So I guess he needs a lot of support. Like maybe some campaigning hints such as the Macron slogan, “Vote for the person who isn’t a phuqing neo-nazi”.

11 Likes

Well, it’s not like engaging young voters and PoC with a progressive candidate offering programmes they want will do the job. Better to keep trying to get older white centrists to switch parties – that always works, because it’s still 1992. /s

Ryan can’t even muster that, because it would be too “uncivil” and might alienate Ohio’s white supremacist vote. The worst he can say in this attack ad is that Vance is a rich guy who hangs out too much at DC cocktail parties and thus isn’t authentic.

17 Likes

Has the party learned nothing from the recent Virginia loss?

13 Likes

They resist every lesson, with the result that the U.S. is now on the brink of being a Russian-style one-party state. The only hope I have is that Fetterman shows them how things should work by turning PA.

21 Likes

Hillbilly zealotry.

15 Likes

Did anyone record the right’s howls of injustice, free speech, and censorship when Thiel funded lawsuits with the sole intent of putting Gawker out of business? Did anyone grab that for posterity?

6 Likes

so he was a Never Trumper and now is all-in? more evidence that Trumpism is some kind of contagious thing.

9 Likes

Nan Whaley beat former Cincinnati mayor (and current turd weasel) John Cranley to become the first woman to run for governor in OH.

6 Likes

The GOP feeds off hypocrisy and switching opinions. It’s manna to them. While they might matter at the nomination stage, once you are accepted your sins are forgiven. However, there is no going back. Just look at Cruz, McCarthy, Graham… there is a list longer than your leg of GOP politicians that changed their tune. I believe even Ron DeSantis spoke ill of Trump at some point.

The rest of the country looks on in shock and incomprehension, but the GOP just laughs at how upset Democrats get when they point out the hypocrisy. Their voters won’t make them answer for it, so what do they care?

8 Likes

Considering the other option was Josh Mandel, the choice for OH was either a shit sandwich or a turd sandwich.

4 Likes

As a former Ohio resident… I guess this is better than any of the other nut jobs running for the GOP? Josh Mandel was atrocious… yet this guy got the somewhat confusing Trump endorsement. Still one can only hope he loses the election.

3 Likes

I expect to start seeing some hillbilly effigies.

6 Likes

There goes David Rees’ money

1 Like

No, no they haven’t.

1 Like

If there were only a vaccine.

2 Likes