Ohio Senate candidate JD Vance's "I don't really care" comments on Ukraine look even worse today

Originally published at: Ohio Senate candidate JD Vance's "I don't really care" comments on Ukraine look even worse today | Boing Boing

13 Likes

If this victim-blaming wannabe fuhrer wins the Senate seat for OH he’ll be one of the most dangerous fascists in Congress.

32 Likes

What, JD Vance doesn’t care about other human beings?!? /s

Shocked Futurama GIF

35 Likes

JD just put in a bid on the nft of melania’s jacket

27 Likes

Seriously, though, I bet he did it intentionally, and that he thought by using that phrase he was pwning the libs… :roll_eyes: that we’d all be so “triggered” by mention of said jacket that we’d feel bad… Bunch of assholes.

22 Likes

Hillbilly eulogy.

23 Likes

For Trumpy voters this shit is the big draw. “He says what he thinks with no filter! He’s not playing wishy washy games to please all sides.” Right, so you KNOW for sure he’s a callous selfish dickhead, and that’s good somehow?

17 Likes

38 Likes

It really is bizarre how well everything the GOP does aligns with what Putin would want them to say or do. I’m not conspiracy-minded generally, but jeez stuff like this makes it hard not to be.

39 Likes

I can’t wait for the sequel, Hillbilly Opportunist.

13 Likes

Yep. As unprincipled as Trump, but smarter and better-spoken. THIS is the sort of person who’ll drag the U.S. further down the path to authoritarianism.

16 Likes

Vance is running way, way back in the pack – the likely winner is going to be the astonishingly terrible mask-burning weirdo Josh Mandel.

But watching Vance get annihilated, even with Thiel’s money propping him up, is going to be one of the few pleasures of the coming months.

14 Likes

Mr. I Don’t Care is going to have to deal with the public perceiving that his party is openly pro-Putin and pro-authoritarian while trying to justify their war crimes

15 Likes

The hiring freeze has been lifted by the GQP, professional fascist/scumbags/racists/bigots/dictator apologists/ and any other low watt person please apply.

7 Likes

When will the Russian-American Bund be scheduling their rally at Madison Square Garden?

11 Likes
5 Likes

The person in the car lived, surprisingly. The tank driver,… not so much.

2 Likes

I’m thinking in 5-10 years we see Putin swinging from a tree or killed by a mob while hiding in a drainage pipe.

It’s hard to imagine now, but he’ll exit the same way Sadam Hussein and Muammar Gaddafi did. He’s made the same gross misstep these predecessors did. His people will eventually turn on him.

8 Likes

Its a wild thing to say for any candidate, but particularly stupid for someone running in Ohio. The Cincinnati area and even more so the Cleveland area have a large percentage of first and second generation Ukrainian immigrants. The older suburban white voters he is counting on may very well have fled Ukraine because of Soviet actions.

Imagr swiped from the Ohio subreddit.

18 Likes

There’s an Ayn Rand book on the shelf behind him. She wouldn’t care either.

13 Likes