Jen Psaki is back from Covid and as feisty as ever

Originally published at: Jen Psaki is back from Covid and as feisty as ever | Boing Boing

13 Likes

Paul Rudd Reaction GIF by Jack0_o

21 Likes

No! It’s because they don’t want to raise taxes on corporations.

They’d oppose it even if it lowered corporate taxes though. It’s Biden’s bill and they have to be against anything and everything the Democrats do. In fact the more it looks like it will help people and improve things, the more they’ll be against it. They want the country to crash and burn so they can take power again.

37 Likes

7 Likes

I love her! Shoot first asl questions later and there are no questions to ask her cause she just nailed it. Don’t upset your pampered overlords, they’re meditating on their money and don’t want to be bothered about the poor and hungry. They especially don’t want that lot to grow up healthy and empowered because those kids may figure out who stood on their parent’s neck for all those years. Those kids could be dangerous toward the wealthy. They might hold a grudge or a cudgel and show resentment. Makes me smile just thinking about it.

12 Likes

Star Trek Yes GIF

15 Likes

To echo below, I wish she had added “and the Republicans can’t afford these programs to succeed”.

8 Likes

Yeah, Psaki could have thrown that bomb also: they are against it purely because we were for it: “If Democrats advocated hydration, Republicans would all die of thirst.” Clearly, a missed bombing opportunity.

9 Likes

And just like that, the world of politics is a little bit brighter. Thanks, Jen.

6 Likes

Sorry, but I’m not convinced Republicans aren’t opposed to lowering childcare costs, making sure that preschools are available for families, and lowering health care costs. Even if they could be done in ways that don’t cost the rich a penny, they still help the poor and minorities, and they have shown they consider that a negative in itself. The cruelty is the point.

29 Likes

You and @deltaecho certainly speak truth here. It’s a frustrating truth to be sure, but a truth all the same.

2 Likes

8ae

7 Likes

That is where religion comes in. The religious right does not want to help the poor, they want the poor to thank the rich for allowing them to exist.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.