Jen Psaki offers Ted Cruz the respect he deserves

You sound… disappointed

12 Likes

23 Likes

Are you disappointed in BB?

15 Likes

12 Likes

Long hours, low wages, capricous employment, unreasonable scheduling (i.e. just enough so they can never be considered a permanent employee, or scheduling as punishment), wage theft (too many ways to detail), and crappy, crappy customers. Minimum wage just means they would pay you less if they could get away with it.

20 Likes
34 Likes

Wage theft outstrips all other theft combined several times over. Yet I have yet to even once see an employer arrested, put in handcuffs, taken to the station, and getting booked and meals skipped.

But if you pass a bad $20 bill, a cop might come and suffocate you to death.

23 Likes

This blog is, as it ever was, a reflection of the things it’s “authors” find interesting, wonderful, frightening, and in the last decade or so, profitable. I’m pretty sure posing about Jen Psaki isn’t earning anyone a referral fee, so I’m forced to conclude that the author find her inserting and/or wonderful and/or frightening. Reading the words they write makes me think not so much the frightening part.

So, yeah, sure, I assume jlw and others find her wonderful and/or interesting.

Which suits me as I do as well. I wouldn’t say I’m a “fan” like I’m say a “fan” of some boardgames, or hair metal bands, but it amuses me to see her quip at people who are either morons or more likely praying on morons.

If you are unhappy with it, you could go read elsewhere. Or you could attempt to become a boing boing author and inject more things you find enjoyable. However I’m guessing BB as a private entity isn’t likely to be happy if your viewpoint is tooooo far away from the owners’. So maybe don’t set that as a life goal.

7 Likes

This. Now, I am in no way suggesting that the there is any truth in the GQP line about expanded unemployment assistance keeping lazy people out of the work force (which the latest DOL numbers completely refute), but the fact is that a lot of people, myself included, for the first time in their lives felt a tiny little bit of financial relief from childcare expenses, the harried schedule of modern life and abusive employment environments. Many took the opportunity to seek out better employment, higher pay or continuing education. Asking them to dive back into the shit show of starvation wages and endless devotion to the Corporation was bound to be a losing proposition.

I know that a lot of people had the opposite experience financially and a whole lot of people are still out of the workforce because they are caring for at-risk family or simply can’t find employment and a host of other issues, but for a lot of us, knowing that we didn’t have to sacrifice as much time with our family, quality of life and basic human needs for $12/hr (or worse!) was a sea change.

9 Likes

Just don’t forget to carry the zero.

5 Likes

Beautifully put.

4 Likes

She forgot to mention ‘noted thespian’ in the honorifics, as @Scientist makes clear…
That quote is the best laugh I’ve had today, & I noticed the video seemed to be broadcast on FOX, which is even better. I wonder if You Know Who saw it?
Cruz wants to be POTUS sooooo bad, but I don’t know if he ever had a soul to sell.

No, but there are fans of her on this blog. Subtle difference, I know.
Perhaps you prefer her predecessors.

Obviously, the overall theme of the posts escaped your notice; that theme being Competence vs Agents of Disinformation.
Were you bellyaching about the number of posts regarding You Know Who when he was in the Oval Office? After all, he was known for ‘sem-random comments’.

9 Likes

Not his at any rate. His wife’s, his dog’s, surely.

5 Likes

i sometimes wonder if id feel any different about cops if their focus was on stopping and frisking white collar wall street types

i guess it’d still be just as ineffective as ever, but it’d provide me with some joy…

5 Likes

Gotta show the love when the love’s gotta be shown

6 Likes

Wow, Ted Cruz walked right into that one and he wasn’t anywhere near the building. He just can’t stop being Ted Cruz.

5 Likes

What also pisses me off to no end are all the corporations trying to put an end to WFH.

They are literally asking their employees to sacrifice for the business’s bad real estate gambles.

The proper thing to do is force the corporations to eat that shit sandwich. If it turns out that they overspent on land then I guess they gotta take a loss or I suppose go out of business if it’s really that bad. That’s the cost of doing business.

6 Likes

It’s amazing how this “Supply and Demand” thing ever only seems to work in one direction.

5 Likes

It takes a while, but we all need to understand that we’re not the one holding the entire company, hospital, warehouse, etc. together. Once we realize that the whole thing will go on without us, it’s much easier to step away, and if you can financially do it, so much the better.
Bosses, managers, shift supervisors are going to find out exactly how much their workers have to put up with from the public. The customer is definitely NOT always right. They need to make the decision that they will support their employees against the rising tide of Karen, or stand by, watch employees be abused, then act surprised when notices are given, especially considering what a wonderful work environment that is provided for them. Why, they get pizza every Friday!!!

3 Likes

Jen Psaki - master of sarcasm