Jerry Falwell Jr. resigns as head of Liberty University

Because at the time of Fallwell’s endorsement, other evangelical candidates were still in the race.

4 Likes

It seems like it’s almost a certainty at this point, given what’s come out… Cohen could spill the beans, and I hope he does, soon.

4 Likes

I had a lot of really good sex at their campus one week. I wonder if Jr. was watching.

5 Likes

Statement on Sexuality and Relationships

Sexual relations outside of a biblically-ordained marriage between a natural-born man and a natural-born woman are not permissible at Liberty University. In personal relationships, students are encouraged to know and abide by common-sense guidelines to avoid the appearance of impropriety. Activities inconsistent with these standards and guidelines are violations of the Student Honor Code.

12 Likes

Doesn’t seem right for them to taint a perfectly good Aretha Franklin song with their hypocritical stance on sexuality.

13 Likes

The Queen of Soul sang natural woman, not natural-born woman. Unlike Fundie bigots, she wasn’t coding hate against LGTBQ+ people.

17 Likes

Yeah they can’t even get the lyrics right.

10 Likes
11 Likes

If you parse that first sentence a slightly different way, it says that cis men and women have to be married to have sex with each other, and trans/gay/lesbian sex isn’t even addressed. They can’t even make their bigoted legalese airtight.

9 Likes
1 Like

Reminds me of the joke about the Puritans who banned sex because it could lead to dancing.

17 Likes

How much of a payoff did they give him to go away?

9 Likes

Always heard this as “Southern Baptists,” since Puritans were OK with dancing, under certain circumstances.

Canonically, I’ve heard it as; “Why don’t Southern Baptists have sex standing up? People might think they’re dancing.”

12 Likes

So if you bring a second natural-born man into the biblically-ordained marriage…

Loophole!

15 Likes

No dancing allowed? No wonder Trumpy wants to ban TikTok.

2 Likes

August 14, 2019:

19 Likes

Somewhere in America Larry Flynt is cackling with glee.

15 Likes

I had to laugh at Wilson’s parting comment regarding the cowardice of the GOP: “… Profiles in Chickenshit.”

3 Likes

One year Little Jerry’s parents asked him what he wanted for his birthday. He said “I want a watch!”

So they let him.

10 Likes

It will be what all fallen Xtian grifters grift…
Apocalyptic Foods!

12 Likes