Jesse Watters bemoans "cruel" punishment of forcing Trump to sit in court: "he needs sunlight"

i was not aware of conflict. good to know.
eta: his copaganda?

8 Likes

Law and Order is straight up copaganda and DW is a newly minted billionaire because of that franchise.

11 Likes

was just adding that edit as you replied. i understand.

11 Likes

It’s also just god awful, from an accuracy viewpoint. I can’t watch 30 seconds of a courtroom scene from any L&O franchise anymore without screaming at the tv, “You can’t do that in court!” The law in it is really poorly done. They supposedly have consultants to make it reasonably accurate within the constraints of what you need to tell a story in one hour, but it’s soooo wrong I have a hard time believing any lawyer was ever consulted.

13 Likes
1 Like

The impression I got from listening to people is that it was once pretty close for a tv show, but in the intervening thirty years it and its spin-offs have gotten less and less so. Do you know if that’s the case, or it was always only impressive to people who don’t know anything about courts?

4 Likes

It’s always been copaganda. Dick Wolf loves the blue. As far as legal accuracy, I don’t know. I didn’t notice these things before law school. Almost all courtroom dramas take some liberties. They have to to move the story along. And realism would be a lot less dramatic. Most of the time, attorneys have to stay at their respective desks or behind a podium. They generally can’t approach a witness and certainly can’t approach the jury box. But those things add drama to what is otherwise often really boring, so I understand why they do it. The things I see that are unnecessary are when lawyers start making arguments while questioning a witness. And the ubiquitous “Objection!” without stating what the objection is, followed immediately by a judge saying, “Sustained. Jury will disregard.” That’s just not how objections work. If you want to see it well done, watch My Cousin Vinny, believe it or not. It’s not perfect, but the cross examination scenes are soooo good. A little dramatic, but mostly legit. John Grisham movies, also, are usually not too bad.

15 Likes

F•I•E•N•D•S, surely.

20 Likes

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Law & Order

:laughing:

11 Likes

Hey now. Watters makes a compelling argument that T**** is unfit to be president, which involves many hours a day indoors doing boring paperwork and meetings! He needs to be outside in the sun doing exercise…

Looney Tunes Rabbit GIF

24 Likes

No mention so far of disinfectant?

Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

Trump needs disinfecting, for sure - but needs no sunlight, he has orange bronzer make-up instead of that.

Maybe he should inject himself with disinfectant.

(Do I owe anyone a coke?)

4 Likes

Bingus > dingus

The original Bingus vid:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-DsI1hndCg/

4 Likes

I’ve never watched L&O; though obviously I know all the usual memes just from being on the internet regularly.

I’m so glad that I just know that actor as Sol, from Grace & Frankie.

5 Likes

Yeah, Sam Waterston was excellent in Grace and Frankie… and strangely also played a lawyer? :thinking:

5 Likes

Retired.

The law firm was a McGuffin to explain how Sol & Robert originally connected and then fell in love while still married to Frankie and Grace; they started out as partners.

6 Likes

I’ve loved Sam Waterston since 1st seeing him in the ahem criminally underappreciated Hopscotch.

I’ve caught a few minutes of l&o, and was not impressed.

8 Likes

There are some speacial lights used in phototherapy…

always sunny dee reynolds GIF by Channel Frederator

7 Likes

Oh yeah, totally… I’m just wondering if he was getting typecast a bit!

4 Likes

Aw, is Mr Trump a delicate little sunflower?

Serving time in Rikers is going to be a little difficult won’t it?

Poor Donald!

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::joy::joy::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

God my parents watched that stuff non-stop. I hated it. Especially SVU.
I don’t know how accurate it was but I truly did not enjoy eating dinner to it year after year.

12 Likes