JFK was disguised as Trump at Arizona rally, says QAnon cultists

Yep, true. And to be honest, that’s only gonna get worse. We have a world where (even as there are attempts to rein it back in), the internet has made organizing translocal communities even easier, even around batshit crazy conspiracy theories.

5 Likes
7 Likes

Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for the Trump Organization.

3 Likes

Too soon?

1 Like

The 104 yr old ex-president’s wheel chair and oxygen tank must have given him away.

2 Likes

1 Like

Can we just jump to the Heavens Gate stage with this cult already?

2 Likes

The real problem is the otherwise smart people, because we all forget how easy it is to pull the wool over our own eyes. As a small exercise, consider the Church of the SubGenius and the Discordians: yes, we all know it’s a joke, ha ha, we’re all in on it, but it’s all too easy to fall into the tribalism and actually wondering if the stuff you were bullshitting about might be real after all.

I think about this, about how many wannabe Kerry Thornleys and Robert Anton Wilson imitators are among the QAnon “thinkers”, too humourless to know the difference between trolling and inciting something that gets out of hand. Instead of catching and reeling in, they are simply dumping chum into the water to see the churn and chaos.

They don’t realise that the fnords are the same thing that the emperor’s new clothes were made of. They just want to pretend that they can see the fnords.

3 Likes

It’s been suggested Andy is behind all of this…

7 Likes

Admittedly I spent a good chunk of the morning reading up on John Carpenter, but -I- for one am thinking this whole thing is starting to get good.

I can’t wait to see the final draft.

2 Likes

The secret, of course, is that it doesn’t make any kind of sense.

When you look at the fnords, the fnords also look at you.

4 Likes

I briefly misread it as “JKR was disguised as Trump”.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Alas, it will be more Branch Davidians than Heavens Gate.

5 Likes

Fine, that works, too!

1 Like

Yeah there is that. JFK was, in his prime, a good 6cm shorter than Trump and that might have been hard to spot from a distance but at age 100+ he has probably shrunk a good bit. Or, maybe Trump just managed to get wider making him look shorter. Somebody break out the tape measure and scale, stat!

1 Like

People don’t believe this stuff. They are just trolling to see what other people will believe that they believe.
Stop giving them press.

1 Like

People said the same shit about David Icke, because his theories were so out there, that some did not understand that they were just part of a longer set of anti-semitic conspiracy theories intended to demonize Jewish people and to erode trust in (supposedly “Jewish controlled”) public institutions for the purposes of destabilizing democracy. Same applies here.

We need to stop ignoring these people and pay more attention to them. They are dangerous and need to be carefully watched. We are where we are today because we did not take people spreading conspiracy theories seriously. We need to have greater parsing of their theories by experts that is discussed in the media so people really understand what they are doing.

7 Likes

peep-show-hans-coldplay-nazis

7 Likes

Good lord, I was thinking yesterday that this would be a whole lot cooler if Andy Kaufman were behind all this. But nope, we have Biff.

3 Likes