QAnoners prepare for Trump's inauguration on March 4. When it doesn't happen they will become Qnuttier than ever

Originally published at: QAnoners prepare for Trump's inauguration on March 4. When it doesn't happen they will become Qnuttier than ever | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Is it wrong to hope they “Jonestown” themselves in disappointment and not take down any innocent bystanders with them?

17 Likes

Yeah, that is wrong. Understandable, but wrong.

52 Likes

Was the book “When Prophecy Fails,” by Festinger? It’s the classic study although I think some of the conclusions are no longer accepted.

5 Likes

I mean… isn’t that what Qanon is? Sure, I get that their aims may be stated a little differently and that Q is also a cult of personality, but that almost makes them sound like they’re not a malignant, violent force that nearly just murdered our entire chain of succession on live TV!!! These are not just wacky crackpots.

23 Likes

40 Likes

I’m looking forward to the studies that will come out on the Qs. Maybe we can make some headway against the inherent foolishness of our species.

4 Likes

Sheer fantasy. Do they also believe in a second coming or feeding the 5000?

7 Likes

The tin-foil hat brigade!

46 Likes
10 Likes

The rest of us can have some fun with this - let’s all predict what the next date will be that they’ll say Trump’s inauguration will be!

I’ll put money on May 11th!

3 Likes

Don’t tell Tucker Carlson, he denies the existence of the Qanon cult.

4 Likes

Ok, but on a scale of 1 to 10… How wrong? … asking for… well me.

6 Likes

Mayan calendar?

3 Likes

Obviously Chief Justice Roberts will have nothing to do with this. It’s extremely unlikely that any of the Supreme Court justices will.

But could Trump be planning to have someone who is or was a judge (Jeanine Pirro, for example) “swear him in” in an “official ceremony”? If so would that be a crime for Trump, the person who conducted the faux ceremony, or others involved?

9 Likes

March 04, 2021, maybe it’s Nikes all around Q Town.

5 Likes

Jonestown was mostly innocent bystanders forced to drink poison by Jim Jones. It wasn’t mass suicide, it was mass murder.

30 Likes

wait – but i thought he one of their most prominent members!

1 Like

Anyone who thinks the Q idiots are going to suddenly get a clue on March 5th hasn’t been paying attention.

11 Likes

Even with doomsday cults at least some followers give up in disgust when the grand predictions don’t come true. There were some stories of Qnutters who left the cult in disgust.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/03/tech/qanon-mom-former-believer/index.html

Part of the allure of Qanon was that it was like an online alternate reality game: “Q” provides clues, and people try to solve it likes it’s a riddle. Except it’s not a riddle, it’s an empty vessel, there is no true answer, the clues were opaque randomly generated nonsense. Once someone posed a possible meaning to the clue others would glom onto it, and that became the agreed upon answer, and it was always a variation on “Trump = good.” I do like to believe that, like a game, people will give up in disgust when they realize it can never be solved.

I can’t tell if more non-believers joined their online chats and fed them more outlandish stuff if that would be beneficial or not. If you could somehow get them to all wear purple wigs as a uniform, or talk about “Trump healed my anal warts by anointing them with corn syrup” and they adopted those beliefs would it matter?

13 Likes