QAnoners prepare for Trump's inauguration on March 4. When it doesn't happen they will become Qnuttier than ever

Good point. It was a bad reference.

4 Likes

What would be most delicious is if that is the day he is arrested and inaugurated as the newest resident of the NY (or GA) department of corrections.

7 Likes

Close. They LITERALLY believed that JFK jr. was coming back from the dead to be VP for the orange one.

7 Likes

You missed this variant.

15 Likes

Well, November 5, 2024 is certainly going to figure prominently in the Trump advent calendar. Until we pass that milestone (without a recurrence), the Qs won’t rest.

2 Likes

Are they taking bets?

2 Likes

20 Likes

it’s not much of a crime if there are never any consequences

9 Likes

This comes to mind

April Fool’s Day (April 1) is most appropriate. After that, Tax Day (April 15) would work.

Note to self: Buy popcorn.

1 Like

To my mind this goes a long way to proving the simulation hypothesis. We’re being played for something’s amusement.

1 Like

So many passengers, so few comets.

10 Likes

There is no Qanon conspiracy theory. All those people who claim to believe in it, & all those websites & discussion boards spreading updates to it, are just part of the huge conspiracy to convince you that there’s a Qanon conspiracy theory.

14 Likes

You’d think by now they’d all have left. But I guess it doesn’t work that way.

10 Likes

100 years to the day since the inauguration of Warren G. Harding.

Coincidence? I think not.

8 Likes

Why not April 1? Too obvious?

2 Likes

There’s an important difference between predictions failing now versus when Trump was still president.

There are few elements commonly shared by most QAnon believers, perhaps most importantly is the idea of “the storm.” The belief that there is a foolproof plan ending with Trump, publicly and indisputably, proving them all right. They just need to keep the faith, and every relationship they destroyed, every hit to their reputation, will be repaired. As long as Trump was president, it was easy to believe that this could happen any day, and a failed prediction didn’t substantially challenge any of the key elements of the ideology. Trump’s loss directly challenged (and continues to challenge) the storm element of the ideology. If the deep state satanist cabal is the stick, the storm is the carrot. The reward of being proven right in front of all the non-believers, and of the personal benefits (mostly in terms of undoing the damage to relationships after your relatives see you were right all along), depends upon the plan being foolproof, and the storm being inevitable. Every major prediction that seeks to reestablish this narrative, and fails to do so, weakens it.

10 Likes

I was thinking about this Q character as I read the comments. Hear me out.

I think a succession of sane and extremely likable people should just publicly claim the identity of Q. Start the process of deprogramming them. When the Qult decides that person is not really Q because of X, Y, or Z, the next likable and sane person steps in and says, “Wait, it’s actually me who is Q, and by the way adrenochrome was invented by Hunter S. Thompson in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and is not real but bless your heart,” et cetera.

6 Likes

Plenty of Nikes

1 Like

I think if this was true then all of the major religions would have died out by this point. They haven’t because humans like to connect dots that aren’t there. We just keep shifting the goalposts. We no longer have gods of the arches or gods of the hearth (well, the most common religions don’t seem to), and when science explained why things happened, we just changed the rules and said “well, if there aren’t a shit ton of minor spirits, then there are probably a council of gods that handle the big stuff…”. And when we could explain more of those things “well, there aren’t many gods, there’s only one!”…

There’s something deeper in human nature that this movement is tapping into that isn’t rational. It won’t just go away when predictions prove wrong, because the goalposts will just get moved again because it fulfills a need that these people have, and they want to believe.

I predict that there won’t be another announced secret inauguration date, and that the “storm” will be downplayed. The grift will probably move to a "tRump isn’t going to be president because he can better handle things secretly in the shadows… He tried to fight the power from the inside, but only got so far. Now he’s going to be conservative dipshit Batman or James Bond or some BS like that so we’d better buy merch and send money…

17 Likes