Jim Bakker warns that America will riot if Trump is impeached

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/11/06/jim-bakker-warns-that-america.html

1 Like

Jim Bakker needs to go have a seat… on all the dicks.

41 Likes

Look, I have to be honest here - I kind of really want to see old Christian ladies rioting. Just frothing at the mouth, tearing it up post-Rodney King video style.

44 Likes

Christians aren’t going to do shit if Trump is impeached. The majority of Xtian fundamentalists are hand-wringing passive-aggressive, “I’ll Pray For You” types. When push comes to shove, they’ll just quote bible verses from the moral high ground, but that’s about it.

22 Likes

Why would I ever listen to someone who was sent to federal prison for fraud?

38 Likes

For a guy that preaches the apocalypse is coming tomorrow he sure is getting worked up about impeachment. He’d sell more of his survival buckets of crap if there were an impeachment today. He’s a fucking hypocritical blow hard.

18 Likes

Good i hope the alt-right nazi idiots riot. We’ll see what happens.

11 Likes

:ballot_box_with_check: Shady financial dealings
:ballot_box_with_check: Serial philanderer
:ballot_box_with_check: Accused of sexual assault
:ballot_box_with_check: Inexplicably adored by evangelical Christians
:ballot_box_with_check: A pop culture figure famous for his tacky displays of material wealth who we’d all assumed had dropped off the radar forever by the late 1980s but keeps returning for some reason

Yep, I think Trump has found his spiritual adviser.

59 Likes

Christ, what an asshole!

24 Likes

Well bless his little heart.

24 Likes

Jim Bakker is certainly a sleazy flim-flam man, and Donald Trump is a useless piece of shit. But the sad truth is that Trump was elected president. And Bakker is right that people will, rightly, object if some Twenty-Fifth Amendment bullshit is used as a pretext to remove Trump unlawfully.

The problem with the people democratically electing Trump president lies mainly with the people, who should have known better. Until they do, the solution is not imposing better choices against their will.

Things change, though, if the Mueller investigation turns up serious charges and Trump is legitimately impeached. (As well it may; Mueller is a skilled and determined prosecutor, and did I mention that Trump is a piece of shit?)

Super Deluxe, as always, has the final word on Jim Bakker:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezENqnD_yGg

5 Likes

12 Likes

Removal via the 25th Amendment is, by definition, lawful. It’s part of the Constitution.

38 Likes

you’re going to find little old ladies rioting

I kinda want to see that.

10 Likes

The Trumpians will just say it’s a Deep State conspiracy.

There’s literally nothing Trump can do that his base can’t flip to being something to fit their god emperor vision of him.

15 Likes

The religious right needs to remove all imagery of Jesus on the cross and install Trump on a dollar sign.

10 Likes

America will riot…
…with Joy.

23 Likes

Man, Mike Pence must be steamed. All his life he’s been trying to live by his narrow-minded vision of Christianity, and now Jim Bakker and Pat Robertson are declaring that the Pussy Grabber in Chief is God’s own anointed. That’s gotta sting.

Bakker and Co. seem to have forgotten that a Trump impeachment would put Holy Mike in the Oval Office, which is surely what their constituency is supposed to be praying for. Or are they down on him because he’s a Papist, and whatever else Trump is, at least he isn’t that?

13 Likes

Not mine, he doesn’t!

11 Likes

My prediction of future events:

Trump fires Mueller and pardons everyone.
Dems start demanding immediate impeachment.
GOP says “nah” like one man.
Dems start massive marches and protests, shading into violence from the more extreme elements.
Goaded by talk radio, Trump supporters reach for “2nd amendment solutions” to restore order.
Civil war erupts.

4 Likes