Jim Bakker warns that America will riot if Trump is impeached

I see that fear and reality are creeping up on Cult45.

Just a reminder that this guy committed fraud, embezzlement, rape, and was called “the greatest scab and cancer on the face of Christianity in 2,000 years of church history.” by Jerry Falwell and people still send him money.

10 Likes

My post was poorly worded. What I meant was that Donald Trump is not “unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office” as the 25th Amendment describes. (He’s just corrupt, sleazy, and obnoxious.) There has been talk of winkingly applying the 25 Amendment to get rid of him. People would object to this, and they would be right to. Jim Bakker is right to point this out.

I’m not praising these guys. I’m advocating for government by the people. (And observing that even a broken clock is right twice a day.)

8 Likes

warns/threatens

1 Like

Honestly, I might riot if he is not impeached soon.

14 Likes

An interesting take on that via Vox:

"For Madison’s vision of the Constitution to make sense, Congress, our most representative institution, must be willing to consider impeachment of the president once the pardon power is abused.

Otherwise, the pardon power, itself a legal tool, could register a shocking blow to the rule of law: It would permit presidents to engage in criminal conduct with the intention of pardoning their co-conspirators."

I second that.

12 Likes

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. There may have been a time when the GOP were lockstep with one another, but that time sure as hell ain’t now.

4 Likes

Depressingly believable.

One hopeful item is the crafty way in which Mueller is proceeding. If Trump fires Mueller and pardons Manafort and Gates, the attorney general of the State of New York (with whom Mueller is collaborating) can take over. Trump can pardon defendants only for Federal charges, and Mueller has charged the perps for only a minimal subset of what has already been discovered.

5 Likes

The best case scenario is something like 3 defectors in the senate and Rand Paul talking through his broken ribs about how troubled he is about the whole situation. And that will be it.

6 Likes
7 Likes

Per Wikipedia, he is an evangelical, but he was born catholic. If that is accurate, I wouldn’t call him a papist.

1 Like

WHY the FUCK is anybody listing to any damn thing that asshole has to say!?!

7 Likes

I know the state-level prosecutors will be able to continue and I’m sure Mueller is playing his cards tight. But given the situation, what does Trump have to lose then? My best guess is he will be shooting down challenges as they arise and stalling for time. So forcefully ending the ongoing investigation and nullifying its immediate results is an entirely rational move on his part.

2 Likes

Shit attracts flies; didn’t you know?

10 Likes

Maybe if we are lucky they will be the biggest and best riots? I mean nobody has riots over anybody else like they do over Trump! Believe me!!!

6 Likes

I don’t think anything Trump does has anything to do with rational thought.

7 Likes
12 Likes

“Ex-Prisoner” - wow, that’s bad.
[sarcasm]

Why include that little pejorative?

Jim Bakker looks like a giant, sunburned baby, with a beard.

2 Likes

Just a reminder for folks to what kind of fly coated shit pile Baker is:

Remember Jessica Hahn? "…According to Hahn, on the afternoon of December 6, 1980, when she was a 21-year-old church secretary, she was drugged and raped by Bakker and another preacher, John Wesley Fletcher, for “about 15 minutes”.[1] Hahn was given a $279,000 pay-off for her silence, which was paid with PTL’s funds to Hahn through Bakker associate Roe Messner.[1] Bakker, who made all of the financial decisions for the PTL organization, allegedly kept two sets of books to conceal the accounting irregularities. " Wiki

13 Likes

Oh please, there was a few tiny riots the week he got elected but nothing that shut any cities down. There would be significantly more celebrations than trumpster hissy fits in the streets.

“If they go through with that, there will be a riot in the United States of America and you’re going to find little old ladies rioting, you’re going to find the church people out rioting because they’re not going to take it any more. This is stupid and insanity what is going on in our country right now.”

Oh noes, the old small town church ladies are going to drive 5 minutes down the road to go attempt to tip over some cows in anger and to steal the tires off amish & mennonite buggies (does live in a pretty rural area that heavily backed Trump so I feel completely comfortable making that joke)

2 Likes