Jimmy Carter outlives another one

True, but wouldn’t it be more fitting to honor those who died of HIV due to the very indifference you mention? I mean, that should be considered part of his legacy too.

2 Likes
10 Likes

It looks like it is time for this again

2 Likes
4 Likes

Seconded. Panama Deception does a great job of laying out the facts in a clear, concise manner.

1 Like

“They told me it was bullet proof!”

1 Like

Edit wrong thread

I was extending the theme of the headline.

I am certainly doing more to observe this day than commenting here.

Once spoke clearly about “voodoo economics”, but then went ahead and sold us down the “don’t tax the job makers” river.

5 Likes

Indeed. Hopefully it won’t be an oral history, due to the destruction of everything else.

2 Likes

I’m late to the thread, but want to bring to the attention of the young’uns here, that GHWB went looking to start the (first Gulf) war with Hussein, and got what he wanted.

2 Likes

Well let’s be honest, it was the COKE dealers that were used to delivering to the area around the White House.

3 Likes

I remember the time that the US destroyed an Iranian passenger plane, murdering all 290 people on board, and then-VP Bush stated, "I will never apologize for the United States – I don’t care what the facts are…[it was] just an unhappy incident. Life goes on."

But hey, the guy had stylish socks, so all is forgiven, right?

13 Likes
12 Likes

GHWB couldn’t place a gag order on the band performing the song live (and they did on their Lollspalooza tour, at least for the Twin Cities stop) for obvious constitutional reasons, but you can bet the entire “tough on crime” crowd desperately wanted to.

@allenk: the Wiki article misspelled “overt support”.

4 Likes

Here’s to hoping that Carter outlives Trump by a long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long time.

4 Likes

If there’s any justice in the universe, Bush the Elder will never rest in peace; instead shifting restlessly in his grave for all eternity regretting the lives he destroyed.

1 Like

Thump Thump Thump…
And another one gone, and another one gone
Another one bites the dust

7 Likes

Let’s hope we ALL outlive Trump.

fingers crossed

9 Likes