Joe Rogan delights his fans by mocking Asians and making fun of Angelina Jolie's Bell's Palsy

Socially…immature, obsolete, slack, slow…

There’s many better words than that one to describe his situation. Even just “simple” or “dumb”.

15 Likes

Not my word, but a word he would apply to himself.

4 Likes

Oh, I really fucking hope so; that fucker’s bad karma is long overdue.

Also I’m not certain, but I think AJ has a bigger net worth than he does; I hope she sues the shit out of him.

For what I wish was the last time:

IGNORING CANCER DOES NOT MAKE IT ‘GO AWAY.’

And yeah, some individuals ARE walking, talking Cancer…

29 Likes

Unfortunately, being transphobic is still socially acceptable and profitable…so all I can really say is fuck Joe Rogan, fuck Spotify. I’m glad I never paid for Spotify and loved having no commercials using the free tier.

17 Likes

Now I’m just waiting on Dave Chappelle to leap to Rogan’s defense…

23 Likes

Yeah I mean obviously you can say whatever you want. But if you say things that make you sound like an asshole people will treat you like an asshole.

24 Likes

And if someone says/does shitty things that clearly demonstrate that they ARE an asshole, then they should just fucking own it, instead of bitching and whining perpetually about facing the consequences and repercussions that occasionally* come with being an asshole.

*Occasionally = almost never, if the asshole in question is a Cis-het White male.

22 Likes

He’s too busy throwing his weight around his small town scuttling affordable housing… he’ll get to it.

23 Likes

I completely agree…I finally accepted myself after 20+ years only to be welcomed by these assholes targeting me as their latest culture war obsession. At the very least, I am relieved that my reaction is fight and not flight.

23 Likes

I have a close friend who tends to defend DC, because he just doesn’t see the exponential damage that fucker is doing;

I need to show him that article which seems to show that ‘good ol’ Dave’ doesn’t actually give a fuck about poor people… who, coincidentally, just happen to be mostly POC back in my home state.

25 Likes

https://www.jpeds.com/article/S0022-3476(21)01085-4/fulltext

Do Clinical Data from Transgender Adolescents Support the Phenomenon of “Rapid Onset Gender Dysphoria”?

“We did not find support within a clinical population for a new etiologic phenomenon of rapid onset gender dysphoria during adolescence. Among adolescents under age 16 years seen in specialized gender clinics, associations between more recent gender knowledge and factors hypothesized to be involved in rapid onset gender dysphoria were either not statistically significant, or were in the opposite direction to what would be hypothesized. This putative phenomenon was posited based on survey data from a convenience sample of parents recruited from websites and may represent the perceptions or experiences of those parents, rather than of adolescents”

24 Likes

If I had an account I’d cancel. I don’t, but I still want my cancellation counted when the pie charts come out!

6 Likes

Most of the time the people who claim to be fighting for “Freedom of Expression” are actually fighting for “Freedom from Consequences.”

32 Likes

Honestly, when you’re directly in the crosshairs in these kind of times, either reaction is perfectly acceptable. And it’s really not on the trans community to be pushing for positive change. It’s the rest of us who need to step up and show support for inclusive public policy that protects the rights of historically marginalized communities… The attacks on the trans community is one of those canary in the coal mine issues… they might be targeting trans folks, but they’ll come for the rest of us sooner or later. We should all fight for trans rights, because it’s the right thing to do and because it’s showing where we’re all heading.

Stay safe and take care of yourself.

Yep.

26 Likes

Oh, I’m hip.

Again, I say they should just go ahead and be the sociopathic assholes they truly are; just quit expecting to get ‘an automatic pass’ on that shit.

15 Likes

I tried cancelling the free account I haven’t used in a couple years, but they never sent me the cancellation email. At least the free tier I used all those years was commercial free.

6 Likes

Bell’s Palsy is not funny. I had a case when a dentist hit my trigeminal nerve during a routine injection for a filling. Half my face was paralyzed, I had to tape my eye shut to sleep, and I drooled and sounded like I was about five tequilas in.

Not recommended.

28 Likes

Yeah, and his defense of his Planet of the Apes “joke” was completely acceptable and not just as racist at all /s

11 Likes

I wish to extend an invitation for him to return to that theater here in Philly.

12 Likes

In the journal’s blog, PLOS One editor Joerg Heber apologized “to the trans and gender variant community” for the previous review and publication, saying “the study, including its goals, methodology, and conclusions, were not adequately framed in the published version, and that these needed to be corrected.”[24]Heber noted that the hypothesized condition of ROGD had "not yet been clinically validated

17 Likes