John Oliver mocks Rudy Giuliani's freakshow performance as Trump's lawyer

Trump facts as opposed to real facts.

2 Likes

Based on Trump’s track record with paying “the help,” it may be wise to not care. Although a smart man will always make sure the lawyers are paid.

I love quotation marks. They can be used to indicate something someone else said… or to imply that the words bracketed by the marks are not to be taken seriously.

Either way… you got it covered, sir.

2 Likes

The problem is that this behavior does not harm the president. It’s actually helping him. Nothing Giuliani said can legally be used against him.

As long as we’re talking about the president’s lawyer we are distracted from what is actually happening, which is the slide toward a military controlled autocracy.

1 Like

Ah no. I have been waiting for the master plan to appear since Trump started to run, and it hasn’t appeared. Its been a steady decline, which will continue until he intersects the X axis in a few years time.

Oh and by the way I came across this quote from Snow Crash today:

It’s got everything that a dimwitted pathological gambler would identify with luxury: gold-plated fixtures, lots of injection-molded pseudomarble, velvet drapes, and a butler.

Neal Stephenson saw this coming.

4 Likes

(1) Your overdraft.
(2) No.
(3) You are a figment of your own imagination.

1 Like

technically, ice and the dhs are not part of the military. that’s why what 45 is doing is working.

You’re not limited to just one, you know.

That’s my point

He tried, many times.

And that’s precisely what happened.

The list of clients that weren’t too awful for those firms to represent is an eye opener- Oliver North, Enron, UBS- The Donald really is in a class all by himself.

2 Likes

I’m sure it also helped that none of those clients had a decades-long reputation for refusing to pay their attorneys.

9 Likes

Come on, ths is Villainy 101 - always pay the lawyers.

In other words, Giuliani had nothing to lose.

It is sad that someone like Donald Trump, who has resources and connections, and prides himself on his ability to read people, surrounds himself with such obvious trash. I know I’m playing armchair billionaire here, but I would do a much better job at being a rich guy than Trump has.

It’s hard to remember nowadays but there was a period after 9/11 when most Americans genuinely admired the heck out of Giuliani. he burned most of that during his first presidential campaign but he still had a chance to leave public life with some small measure of dignity. Then Trump came along.

2 Likes

He was pretty erratic in the 80’s and 90’s, I seem to remember that. I think a lot of people that knew about him didn’t admire him. Any we weren’t really all that surprised by his post-truth baloney during his 2016 campaign. (e.g. claiming that Hillary didn’t visit ground zero)

1 Like

He’s definitely not the kind of person who grows on people the better they get to know him.

He probably should have retired from public life right after he got that Time magazine cover. He could have weaseled his way into getting a statue in Times square instead of becoming a national laughingstock.

2 Likes

7350222ab167d0964fec8921076089d9

3 Likes

All things considered, the only person we know of that Trump paid on time and in full for services rendered was Stormy Daniels.

4 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes