John Williams believes Indiana Jones 5 will be his last movie score

Not to mention a sex pest. Professors and students is a big no-no.

3 Likes

When was the last time John Williams composed anything good? It seems like it was probably four scores or seven years ago.

/s

5 Likes

I was thinking the same.
Williams deserves better than retireing with a stinker.

1 Like

There sure was!

The best first half of a movie ever made!!

1 Like

You mean the thing with the fridge? Because that was almost proverbially bad – like, it doesn’t quite count as a proverb but there was at least an expression from it.

2 Likes

I actually loved the second film when I was a kid. But it really has not aged well in more than a couple respects.

Interesting. Even as a kid I thought it was the weak one. Funnily enough the Indy movies have the exact same order of quality as Back to the Future: 1-3-2.

Did he ever date a student? I thought they threw themselves at him but he wasn’t interested.

Now, the underage daughter of his academic mentor on the other hand… And while they were away at fieldwork, where he had a certain duty of care.

2 Likes

Evidently, the scene got cut, but it’s in the script.

1 Like

There is the fact that when I enjoyed Temple of Doom best Last Crusade wasn’t out yet.

1 Like
1 Like

It’s the trope namer for “nuked the fridge” if that helps any; (i.e., when a movie jumps the shark in a spectacularly obvious manner…)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.