Johns Hopkins University seeks DMT psychonauts who have met machine elves!

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/03/22/johns-hopkins-university-seeks.html

4 Likes

as qualified as I may be, I’d rather not join anything that would have me as a member

7 Likes

I don’t qualify but i’ll definitely give it my best shot

3 Likes

I have a friend who says he met them but man I don’t know. I never met no elves.

kicks rock ruefully

7 Likes

the experiences of people who have had encounters with seemingly autonomous beings or entities after taking DMT."

Wow, I could keep them busy into the next century.

3 Likes

Can’t help but hear it in this voice:

8 Likes

@Flossaluzitarin I think somebody wants to talk to you

5 Likes

God I wish I was brave enough to try DMT but seriously I already had some weird experiences I’m not sure mixing my own inherent instabilities with a psychotropic drug would be a good idea.

1 Like

They whisper in my ears all the time but I don’t tend to actually SEE them. Now, maybe I just need to consume some DMT, and they will be right there… That’s basically how it’s been described to me.

3 Likes

I’m having

encounters with seemingly autonomous beings or entities

right now.

5 Likes

Actual first question of survey:

Have you completed this survey before?

4 Likes

Back in the 1950’s the media told people what aliens look like, and people began obediently hallucinating aliens. I wonder if this is an experiment to confirm those results?

3 Likes

My concern is whether they have ever seen me.

7 Likes

Jacques Vallée has done some theorizing along these lines about UFO encounters – extraordinary events which shape, and are shaped by, the culture of the witnesses, e.g. Ezekiel saw a wheel of fire in the sky.

4 Likes

OK, I’m revising my answer to… yes. Yes I’ve seen them. Heheh

1 Like

I have encounters with seemingly autonomous beings almost every night. It happens during things called “dreams”. They aren’t really autonomous, but creations of my internal intelligent holodeck.

Wow, I am totally interested in meeting machine elves, digital lacunii, or even a consensus tulpa (though only briefly! never hang out too long with reality warping entities…just soak up that wisdom-sunshine and move on.)

2 Likes

And maybe you could have a far more fruitful conversation then, too.
Come to an understanding, share info etc…

2 Likes

Same here, but I did see this:

And that was just the beginning.

4 Likes

The spinning fractal chrysanthemum. Mine didn’t have eyeballs!

1 Like