What it's like to make art on DMT

Originally published at: What it's like to make art on DMT | Boing Boing

2 Likes

This makes me nostalgic for the early 90’s. Eyes closed dancing in front of a large stack of speakers in a warehouse somewhere in Detroit or Windsor.

5 Likes

Tried DMT once, in high school. I melted into a puddle on the couch, then spoke with God, who was the Sun.

My very worried friend tried waking me up for 20 mins w/o success. Just as she was about to completely freak out, I “came back,” smiled, and asked if there was any more DMT.

She said no, and I was V disappointed. She then explained that she’d screwed up and given me at least enough for three people.

Damn.

9 Likes

Did you see the machine elves?

3 Likes

Nope, no Machine Elves. Just God, glowing at me all sunny, sharing information and answering my questions.

Can’t consciously recall a word of it.

5 Likes

That’s annoying.
I once met God in a dream. It was at a rooftop party in Rome, he looked like a generic extra in any mob film by Scorsese and was the cook in charge of the antipasti (which truly were divine). We chatted about this and that, mostly food, and He recommended a particular wine but for the life of me, I can’t remember what it was. Annoying.

8 Likes

100% agreed.
I really hate it when the Universe vouchsafes important information, but buries it where we have no (conscious) access!!!

2 Likes

It came to me in a dream, and I forgot it in another dream.

1 Like

Re the original topic:
I sometimes “see” pictures like this when I’m dozing off during a migraine.

1 Like

Was expecting some creative use of old ADSL modems to make music or an art installation. Like this…

2 Likes

Brilliant!

Bonus:
I should keep this track handy for when telemarketers and bill collectors call!

Gaspar Noe; his own experiments with DMT; and his film Enter the Void… which has a bonus section that includes a looped simulation of a DMT-induced hallucination.

1 Like

I used to be able to see all this guy’s work on Instagram and I really loved it. Seems like it’s gone now. Anyone know where it went?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.