Jordan B Peterson: Gish Galloping Simpleton, Simpering Surrogate Father Figure

It’s also listed with an LTD afterwards- and listed as the copyright holder for his book.

Copyright © 2018 by Luminate Psychological Services, Ltd.
Publisher: Random House Canada

4 Likes

Weird name for an IP holding company, but there are no rules about that.

3 Likes

I stopped playing video games once I realized I have better things to do, but yeah, I am DESTROYING these JP accusations. As @gracchus continues saying absurd things about Econ 101 and how it somehow magically changes the fact that capitalism lifts 130,000 people out of poverty every day, the Peterson tide continues.

DOMINANCE HIERARCHIES FOR EVERYONE.

Lobsters anyone?

Don’t you mean crayfish, which that study was actually about?

Putting words in someone else’s mouth is a variation on the strawman fallacy. You realise that this isn’t some logical-fallacy version of Pokemon where you have to catch 'em all in one thread, right?

5 Likes

Sorry dude, more context needed.

Jordaddy would be disappointed that you didn’t read the study he cited when he created his famous “lobster” meme. I, on the other hand, am not surprised at all.

6 Likes

When you’ve climbed to the top of the set of all possible Dominance Hierarchies

Here, lemme fix that for you…

When you think you’ve climbed to the top of all possible dominance hierarchies, but you’re really just the latest rightwing, flavor-of-the-month huckster out to make money off any sad rubes willing to go along for the ride while it lasts.

6 Likes

gif-kids-pinata-732113

1 Like

Elizabeth Warren is doing this for the money.

https://www.allamericanspeakers.com/booking-request.php?SpName=Elizabeth-Warren

Are motivations overdetermined? Ask your Freudian.

1 Like

Sorry bud, but you pointed me to an Econ 101 class after I pointed out capitalism lifts 130,000 people out of poverty every day. No one is going to take this anti-capitalist stuff seriously.

Jordaddy would be disappointed that you didn’t read the study he cited. I, on the other hand, am not surprised at all.

Jordaddy? Anyways, I checked the citations in the 12 Rules for Life and one of the many research papers he pointed to was indeed about crayfish. Specifically, this one:

I quickly got access to a PDF of the paper and opened it up. The very first paragraph reads;

Serotonin is a neuromodulator involved in the expression of dominance and aggression in many animals, including humans (1). In lobsters and crayfish, serotonin injected into the circulatory system causes them to adopt an elevated, flexed (“dominant”) posture (2). Serotonin-containing neurons function as postural gain-setting elements, biased toward flexion, that enhance the responsiveness of the motor circuitry to coordinated postural commands (3).

@milliefink Sorry dude, you’re a little late. It’s already been debunked JP is doing it for the money above, and I’ve moved on to something that might be more productive than trying to do the equivalent for you of convincing a creationist that evolution is true.

8 Likes

i explained to you privately that this forum has a variety of highly intelligent members with years of experiences to draw on in their comments.

while you’ve been posting massive chunks of word salad which you seem to think represent devastating refutations of what others have said, those others have been pwning you over and over again. you haven’t dominated anything in this discussion. you haven’t changed any minds. you’ve done nothing aside from setting yourself up as an object of derision and you’re too oblivious to notice.

9 Likes

Sorry, there aren’t any word salads in my comments. All these claims have been indeed refuted. Refusing to believe that every accusation hasn’t been done away with changes nothing, since indeed, leftists just want to support each other endlessly. It’s like the protesters of JP’s talk at Queen’s University. There’s no convincing them.

Please point me to these “pwning” of me. And your choice of that word is very strange. Navarro, we’ve already had a very productive conversation indeed through private messages. I think you’re coming to it, more or less eventually. Hopefully, at least.

EDIT: Looks like your comment has already received 4 likes! Indeed, you’ve been supported by millie and Kathy who are on the conspiracy bandwagon of JP doing it for the money, tino who thinks JP is a nazi, and Melizmatic who appears every once in a while to really tell me how much of a blowhard I am, not the least here or in private messages. Could that have been any more expected?

just start going up the thread.

6 Likes

Jordan cannot fail. He can only be failed.

7 Likes

Kathy thinks anyone who’s getting paid is literally doing it for the money. Regardless of other motivations being present.

She also thinks Jor-Dan is a bigot who lies about the effect of nondiscrimination legislation.

Let’s not misrepresent me.

5 Likes

Your assumption that I’m anti-capitalist is very amusing considering the work I do. Part of the reason I’m paid for it is because I understand the economic and historical fundamentals of capitalism.

See, reading things carefully pays off! If only you’d given your idol more respect instead of just skimming his great work. The footnotes and references are there for a reason.

Meanwhile, the bit you quote still doesn’t explain why this man of science chooses to talk about lobsters rather than crayfish (the experimentation subjects of the actual study) in regard to the business about dissolving and subordinate brains and such. To save @anon75430791 the bother of repeating himself on why the lobster meme makes no sense start reading here:

6 Likes

Yep.

Though really, I think John Waters would put it even more succinctly.

7 Likes

Failsons gonna failson. As they say - you don’t have to teach a beagle to chase rabbits.

6 Likes

You clearly had trouble with my pro-capitalist comments, so much so that they required me taking an Econ 101 class! Why don’t you just say whether or not you’re a capitalist?

Anyways, regarding the crayfish, you point me to what @anon75430791 has said. We read…

I started reading it and got to the part about dominant lobster brains dissolving and being replaced by subordinate brains. “That can’t be true” I thought to myself and tried to track it down. It apparently cites a study done on Crayfish, which I don’t have access to. Whether or not that study says what he claims it does is another thing. By the way, neither Lobsters nor Crayfish have brains like we think of them… I don’t suppose anyone has access to a journal hosting the following? Yeh S…

Incredible. So the proof JP got it wrong is by some guy who actually hasn’t read the paper. That is deadly convincing. Since I do have access to the paper (and just quoted it mentioning lobsters in the first paragraph), I’ll just read the full thing for the rest of us and then tell you guys what it says.

EDIT: By the way, Jordan Peterson has never said lobsters have a brain. He knows it doesn’t so he always uses the term nervous system.