Jordan Peterson consoles comedian who mocked beaten women, stole jokes, and is beefing online with a plastic surgeon

Originally published at: Jordan Peterson consoles comedian who mocked beaten women, stole jokes, and is beefing online with a plastic surgeon | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Comedian?

Well, he does look funny.

10 Likes

Wait, the Romanian police released Peterson? When did that happen?

6 Likes

Jordan Peterson and Andrew Tate are not, in fact, the same person.

14 Likes

Oh, right. Thanks.

Misogynistic assholes all look the same to me.

19 Likes

I love comedy. I especially love comedians who make us look at some of the more uncomfortable aspects of our society and our selves. I’m OK with being a little offended sometimes. I think it’s healthy, even.

But usually when comedians are complaining that they “can’t say nothing no more,” the real problem is that they’re just not funny enough. Turns out, if you’re funny enough, you can say a lot.

12 Likes

Yeah, this guy does seem to have picked up on some of that. It’s just that he’s clearly decided to throw in his lot with the side that’s already lost the war. (They are the most dangerous folk, of course, because they aren’t doing it for ideological reasons, they are doing it solely for the publicity/outrage/grift.)

You can compare him with, say, UK comic Al Murray who knew that his audience was going to be split, with half of them knowing that his whole routine is about making fun of the other half, who were seemingly completely oblivious to this and thought that he was supporting their (regressive) positions. This guy clearly isn’t doing it for the the irony though; he’s just driving trollies for outrage.

8 Likes

And here he is getting more attention and clicks. It’s open season on women. Misogyny sells.

Men don’t need intelligence or talent to get ahead in life, all they have to do is hate women loudly enough and society will float them to the top like a fatty turd.

17 Likes

That’s part of the issue with tik tok, it filters most of his personality out, and just the 45 seconds that comes across as charming gets through and is circulated as who he is. The entire reason he’s canceled is he’s the sort of person who would high-five somebody who punched a woman. That should have been known, and that should be the epitaph of his career.

11 Likes

And with a personality who’s already a has-been. I’m not surprised that the brain-fried former academic still has a platform and an audience, but Jordaddy isn’t close to being the viral influencer he used to be. It’s weird (or maybe just desperate) that someone who’s based his rise in comedy on social media popularity would choose this show when there are plenty of up-and-coming fresh-faced manosphere hatemongers to showcase his whinging.

Another part of the issue is that TikTok rewards conventionally good-looking young people over others. This guy’s initial fame was based on the premise that “he’s pretty and can tell a joke”. That can work in a series of short videos, can maybe survive putting together a tight five, but starts falling apart under the strain of a full-length stand-up show.

8 Likes

“I’m not allowed to say the jokes people used to laugh at anymore” is such a dumb complaint considering all modern stand-up comedy can trace its roots to freaking minstrel shows.

Even the best comedians need to update their material regularly because jokes get old and societies change. If you want to make a living as a comedian you can adapt or die.

12 Likes

“Sneaky rape”? Jesus christ.

4 Likes

I’m not going to Google that term. Is there a brief definition of it from someone who’s no doubt as repulsed by the concept as I expect to be?

3 Likes

Rife’s early skits on YouTube were funny enough, but it seems that he’s pivoted to what I call “douchebag ‘humor’” because rage bait is big business.

I hope “his Black friends” are still there to clown his stupid, opportunistic ass when he ends up a hasbeen because he started pandering to haters.

12 Likes

Removing the condom without the partner’s knowledge

4 Likes

Thanks. I assume that Rife thinks this is hilarious and that Jordaddy thinks it’s a great way to get more white babies into the world.

4 Likes

I thought that particular vile act was called stealthing. Maybe it’s referred to by both names?

5 Likes

We reaaaally need that puke emoji :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

More punchable than funny.

4 Likes

In other news, cock fighting, bear bating, and gladiatorial death matches, have also been cancelled

6 Likes