Journalist names her baby "Methamphetamine Rules" as a "test"

Originally published at: Journalist names her baby "Methamphetamine Rules" as a "test" | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I’ll bet they rename her “Crystal”.

31 Likes

No titles? I bet there are hundreds of young Australian girls named Khalisi.

11 Likes

Cliffhanger is a nice name for a girl.

14 Likes

Well, now I’m curious what the Rules of Methamphetamine are…

14 Likes

I hope the kid finds this to be a funny story someday. Some day when she has a better fitting name.

8 Likes

I have no idea how birth certificates or name changes in Australia work, but in the US, that original name would be stuck on that birth certificate forever. The new name would just be shown as an amendment. Imagine having to explain that to your daughter the first time she gets a copy of her birth certificate and sees her original name. Hopefully, they allow her to be issued a completely new, clean birth certificate without the Meth.

15 Likes

Cecily Strong Snl GIF

16 Likes

Drysdale is planning to change her child’s name TO Imminently.

FTFY. /s

10 Likes

Should have gone with Test Test 123.

6 Likes

No, “Robert’); DROP TABLE Babies; --”

23 Likes

Surprised the piece didn’t mention the baby’s dad.

Family GIF by Breaking Bad

8 Likes

Or in the vein of many Reddit mmo guilds and similar Test Baby Please Ignore

6 Likes

Walter White Walk GIF by Breaking Bad

10 Likes

Yeah, unless they replace the birth certificate entirely, I can’t see how this won’t cause problems for the kid sometime in the future. I’ve heard a number of horror stories in the US about problems with names on birth certificates (that some database format didn’t like, or which got mis-entered and didn’t agree across records, etc).

4 Likes

He’s a boy. Here’s the video.

6 Likes

It also will not approve given names that are more than 50 characters, include symbols, or an official title or rank such as princess, Queen, or goddess.

Goddess doesn’t strike me as either an official title or a rank. It’s more like an unprovable claim.

It would be an interesting test of nominative determinism though.

12 Likes

The first rule is you do not talk about Methamphetamine.

9 Likes

At least it’s better than her older siblings, Available-For-Medical-Experiments and KickMe

7 Likes

Cliffhanger Drysdale sounds suitably Australian, if a bit like an old-timey sheep rustler.

15 Likes