Journalist names her baby "Methamphetamine Rules" as a "test"

Goddess is an official title or rank in Australia? Huh.

4 Likes

It’s the name of a divine being. And a common first name.
Jesús_Navas

4 Likes

The Australian Broadcasting Corporation seems much, much cooler than the American Broadcasting Company. Or PBS, for that matter, and I love PBS.

4 Likes

There was another Jesus in the Gospels.

And another one later

6 Likes

Exactly.

2 Likes

Prove it.

3 Likes

Methamphetamine Rules is his first name. Spot the Lie is his middle name.

1 Like

Ummm… the child formerly known as Methamphetamine Rules is assigned male at birth, @pesco. And he’s already been officially re-named, as I understand it.

5 Likes

Yes, that’s how things are done here. Once a name is changed legally (or assigned at birth gender or whatever detail), a new birth certificate is issued with the new details.

5 Likes

Interesting. Here, you first have to go to court and get a judge to sign off on an order to change your name. Then, you have to send that in with another form to amend your birth certificate. Unless the name change is just because you got married. That one is simpler. Regardless, the name on your original birth certificate will always be there. I had a great great uncle or something whose birth certificate listed Noname as his first name because his parents hadn’t come up with a name yet, so the nurse just wrote “No name” in the blank for first name, and that was that.

6 Likes

They could use Regina. Rex is more used as pets name…

3 Likes

So “cities in Saskatchewan” is not a banned category? That leaves it wide open for a child to be named Moose Jaw.

6 Likes

Moose Jaw is a terrific name. I think It has a Warrior vibe.

4 Likes

A college friend of mine was given his step-father’s name at birth, but wanted to change to his birth father’s name as an adult. Because his actual name was “Christ” (pronounced “krist”), the devout judge refused. I think he had to request a re-hearing of his case to finally get his name restored years later.

Unfortunately, his first name wasn’t Jesus.

4 Likes

I was living in Oklahoma City when I transitioned, and I hired a lawyer to help with my name change only because I had heard that the process was almost entirely dependent on what judge your case got assigned to, and attorneys know how to navigate that system to ensure you end up in front of a sympathetic judge. So my experience was filling out and signing some forms, putting a notice in the paper, and swearing before the judge that I wasn’t changing my name for the purpose of evasion, and that was it. She signed the order and it was done. Another trans person from my support group tried to do it on her own (she could have afforded a lawyer, she was just stubborn) and got denied 3 times because she kept getting put before some right wing Christian judge.

6 Likes

Oh?

(padding for posting)

As a middle name. Then she could be “Seven Eleven” and we’re back to meth again, or Idiocracy (brought to you by Carl’s Junior.)

1 Like

Sorry, I may have misunderstood your post. I don’t know what the process isto get your name or whatever changed, but once all that goes through or is approved, the new birth certificate is issued with the updated details. Although it may vary in different states, but that’s what happens in my state (Victoria) and NSW, the state where the child formerly known as Methamphetamine Rules was born.

3 Likes

Krist, what an asshole!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.